Chapter 4

Amy's POV

I sit in silence as we drive to the nearest pharmacy, not knowing what to think. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Rosa glancing over at me occasionally, a look on her face I've never seen before. I don't want to say anything to her, because I don't feel like talking.

"Amy, are you okay? You haven't said a word since we left your place." Rosa says to me, a sense of unsureness in her tone.

I can't bring myself to lie to one of my closest friends, so I tell her the truth.

"I don't know Rosa, I just can't stop spiralling. I'm feeling so many different things right now. There are so many things racing through my head."

"I don't know what to tell you dude. This is out of your control so just take it as it is. Whatever happens, you'll be fine, and don't worry about Jake, you know he loves you no matter what."

I nod my head in agreement, mostly because I don't know what to say. Rosa and I enter the pharmacy and walk over to where the pregnancy tests are. There are so many different brands and I get nervous just by looking at them. I always have trouble making decisions by myself, Jake is always there to help me. I wish he was here now.

Rosa looks at me and smiles. "Having trouble deciding which ones to get?" she asks me, although I think she already knew the answer.

"Yea, there are so many different brands!" I say to her laughing nervously.

"Here. Take these three. They're good." She tells me, grabbing them off the shelf.

I look at her, intrigued. "How do you know?"

"I used them before ok? Ask me about it and I'll rip your face off."

I laugh, knowing not to enquire further about her knowledge. as we wait in line to pay, I can't help but wonder what they will say when I use them, or what I want them to say either. In the car I can't help but read and re-read the back of each of the tests, you can never be too sure. If Jake was here, he would've made fun of me. I smile at the thought. When we pull into the parking lot, I practically run into the apartment and race up to the washroom. "I need to know." I tell myself as I get ready to take the tests.

A few minutes later I've finished the tests and hold them all in my hand, feeling nervous and scared. I take a deep breath and sit down, trying to relax.

"Okay, here goes. Time to find out if I'm pregnant. You can do this Amy."

I know this chapter was short, im sorry! the next couple will be longer, i promise! thanks for reading! let me know what you think!