Chapter 28

Jake's POV

"Uuuggggh" I groaned and pulled my pillow over my head as Amy laughed and withdrew from my embrace, getting out of bed. Like expected, Mackenzie had woken us up pretty early with her cries.

"Your turn to get used to it babe. Good morning princess!" She chuckled, pulling our daughter out of the cot and started swaying her in her arms. I sat up and grinned at her. "Don't worry Ames, I love being a father, it's just the waking up early part that's been the problem."

I moved over to make space in the bed as Amy comes and sits beside me, and I place an arm around her shoulders as we admire our baby girl. "She is so amazingly adorable." I said, and Ames nodded in agreement.

Mackenzie babbled happily, kicking her feet and reaching her hands up at anything she could grab. In this case, it was two of my fingers and part of Amy's shirt. "Hi baby girl! Someone woke up happy today. Yes you did!!" Amy cooed down at Mackenzie.

I leaned over to give Ames a peck on the cheek and leaned down to kiss my 3-week-old daughter before blowing a small raspberry into her cheek. Both Amy and I waited in anticipation to see how Mack would react. After a few tense seconds, her biggest smile yet grew on her face and she babbled even happier.

I got to watch Amy's face light up and beamed at her when she turned her head to smile at me. "She's such a happy baby! I wonder who she got that from, you or me?"

I sat up straight and tilted my chin up smugly. "Me, obviously. You were probably uptight and just read books." I joked, and Amy gasped and pretended to be upset.

"I did not! I was a baby Jake, obviously I couldn't read yet." She told me in the most Amy-way possible.

"Well, you probably want Mack to start reading as soon as she can, won't you?" I asked stroking Mackenzie's cheek.

Amy giggled into my shoulder and kissed my cheek. "You know me so well."

Five minutes later, Amy's alarm went off to wake us up even though we had already been up the past hour and half with Mackenzie.

"Time to get ready!" Amy said, handing me Mack and jumping out of bed quickly.

"Ames, the only thing we have today is dinner with the squad!" I told her, amazed at how much she was rushing around the room.

"I know babe, but we have to clean the apartment and get dinner ready." She told me, pulling on my sweater.

"How long is that going to take?" I asked, tickling Mackenzie's feet while she writhed around in my arms excitedly.

She turned around and placed her hands on her hips, staring at me. "A while, considering we'll have to look after our daughter and I'll have to pick up after you along the way."

I couldn't tell if she was kidding or not, so I just grinned awkwardly, and Amy walked up to me shaking her head. kissing my head quickly, she took Mack from my arms. "Go get ready babe, we have a lot of work ahead of us, I even created a binder for tonight."

I sighed and headed to the washroom, not looking forward to the amount of work ahead of me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Ames and Mack more than anything, but I hated working on a Saturday!

Close to five hours later, after what I considered to be a gruelling cleaning session, we were finally done and I collapsed on a chair at the table while Amy fed Mackenzie. She was perfectly fine as always, my wife loved doing work.

"Babe, you look terrible. Go take a shower, we have an hour before the squad comes, even though Holt and Charles will probably be here early for obvious reasons." She said rolling her eyes, imagining Charles's obsession with us.

"Okay Ames, but come up in a bit to make sure I don't fall asleep in the shower." I walked passed, kissing her head and making a funny face at Mack. "Whatever you want." She chuckled, burping Mackenzie.

Another hour later, Amy and I sat on the couch as the squad took turns playing with our daughter. When Mack was passed to Rosa, we watched intently as she held her. As we found out very fast, Mackenzie was a very happy baby and had no problem with new faces.

In Rosa's hands, Mack got a hold of some of her hair and yanked, laughing and drooling, causing Rosa to wince, but she smiled through it, loving every moment with her. I pulled Amy close to me and she leaned on my chest with her arms around me as we cheerfully watched our daughter play with her godmother, a title we had given Rosa a week after her birth. Much to Charles' dismay, Holt was the godfather, so he had to stick to Uncle Charles.

"She's so cute with her." Ames whispered to me, hugging me tight.

"Yep! You won't see her like that with anyone else." I added.

Later, Amy was holding Mack and talking with the squad when Rosa came and sat down beside me on the couch.

"Hey Rosa!"

"What are you so cheery about?" she sneered.

"Oh, just seeing you with your goddaughter, that's all."

I thought I saw a tiny blush on Rosa's cheek before she turned away momentarily and punched me in the shoulder.

"Shut up Peralta." She said, unable to contain her smile. Each with a drink in our hands, we sat in silence watching Amy lift Mackenzie over her head as she squealed in joy.

"You have an amazing family Jake. You're a very lucky guy." She told me unexpectedly.

"Thanks Rosa. I have great friends too." I told her, a little taken back.

"Thanks Jake, but just cherish this. I know its unlike me to say this, but don't ever take family for granted."

"I won't, I promise." I said, beaming at my beautiful wife and my gorgeous daughter.

Hey wonderful readers! So I have a few ideas of where I want to take this story, but I wanna here your guys' ideas too!! They can be oneshots as well! Anyways, thanks again!!