Chapter 7

Amy's POV

I slowly wake up as I find myself in Jake's warm embrace. I can feel his soothing heart beating against his chest and I smile up at him. He's scrolling through his phone with one hand while the other is tucked around me, his hand resting gently on my stomach.

I'm about to say good morning when I feel a sudden sense of nausea flow through my whole body and I jump out of bed, completely startling Jake.

"Ames! What's wrong?" Jake calls, following after me.

I make it to the toilet just in time as I spew out last night's takeout sushi. Jake holds my hair back and rubs my shoulders up and down. Then he places a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Aw, you'll be okay Ames. Hopefully your morning sickness will be stopping soon." He says quietly.

All I can do is nod at him while I clean myself up and I feel a couple of tears trailing down my cheeks. At least when I'm in my second trimester I won't be so sick all the time. Jake wipes away my tears and kisses the top of my head as I hug him for a while. I squeeze him tightly, so thankful that he was always there for me.

"Sorry I ruined your morning." I tell him. I felt so bad I woke him up so often lately with my sickness, but every time I would try to apologise, Jake would just kiss me softly and hug me saying how I could never bother him or ruin his morning. He has been so supportive and helpful, god I love him so much.

He looks down at me and smiles. "Ames, you could never ruin my morning. You have no idea how amazing it is to wake up with you in my arms." He tells me as he hugs me a little tighter.

I feel a big smile tug on my face as I blush at how adorable Jake is being and attempt to hide it by forcing my face into his chest. He always knows how to make me smile.

"I love you too Jake. And hey, I was thinking, I'm 12 weeks pregnant now and we've managed to keep little beanie a secret from the squad for 3 weeks now and I can't take it anymore. Can we tell them today? I ask him, as its just as much his decision as it is mine.

Jake scoops me up bridal style and carries me back into our bedroom. I twist and giggle in his arms as he puts me down gently on our bed. "Jaaaaake" I whine at him, playfully fighting his hold on me while he tries to kiss my cheek. Jake slides down to my bump and gives it a little peck.

"Hey little beanie, today we get to tell our friends about you. I'm so excited! I can't wait to be your daddy. I love you and mommy so much!" Jake whispers, as I melt slightly with a smile on my face at how excited he is about being a dad.

I pull Jake back up to me and kiss him softly while I wiggle my arms around his fit torso. He grins at me and I laugh as he tickles my side. We just lay in each other's embrace for a while, enjoying our calm before the storm to come at the 99.

Jake's POV

Although I could have laid with Amy the whole day, (I definitely wanted to) we did have to go to work today, so 45 minutes later I was in the car driving us to the precinct. The whole journey there I couldn't get rid of my smile as I rested my hand on Amy's stomach, wondering how the squad would take the news. When we pull into the parking lot, I look at Amy.

"Are you ready to tell the squad about little beanie Ames?" I ask.

"So ready babe." She says, placing a peck on my lips.

We smile at each other as we walk into the precinct and into the elevator. We walk onto the detectives floor holding hands, Amy will go down to her officers after we've made our announcement. As soon as we make it off the elevator, we're greeted by Charles and Rosa.