chapter five

Emily

It had been a week since Niall and Molly had exchanged numbers. They had been texting and calling each other constantly. Molly and I had finished going through things to buy and putting prices on the food. We were sitting on the couch with Gabe and Brooke, watching a movie.

Molly began giggling at her phone for the hundredth time. Brooke paused the movie with a huff.

"Molly!" Brooke said trying to get her attention. Molly didn't answer but instead continued texting. "Molly?!" Brooke repeated louder. Her head shot up from her phone. "We're trying to watch a movie. Stop giggling like a 2 year-old" Brooke huffed.

"Is someone jealous?" I asked as I wiggled my eyebrows. Gabe pulled her closer into his side and flung his arm around her waist.

"Yes she is. I swear she would leave me in a heart beat for one of the boys from that band" Gabe joked. Brooke didn't respond, instead she played the movie with another dramatic huff. 

Brooke hadn't taken it well when she found out I'd brought Molly with me to baby sit Theo. She went on complaining about how I should have brought her with me. I knew it was the inner fan girl inside her.

My phone began ringing and Brooke paused the movie once again. I gave her a 'sorry' look as I glanced down at my phone. It was an unknown number. I hated answering unknown numbers because they were almost always prank calls or people trying to sell stuff. I didn't usually answer them but I had a feeling that I should with this one. 

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi there, this is Jake from the real estate agency. I'm ringing in regards to the offer you put in last week for the cafe with an apartment above. Is this Emily Mosley?" Jake asked. My eyes widened as I began hitting Molly to get her attention.

"Yeah this is her" I said as I put the phone on speaker. She gave me a confused look and I mouthed 'real estate agent'. Her eyes widened and she turned her phone off, her full attention on me and the phone.

"Well the end date for the offers was tonight and you have put in the highest offer" Jake started.

"Does this mean the apartments ours?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes it does, congratulations!" Jake responded. Molly let out a loud squeal and I hurried to take it off speaker. Jake let out a little chuckle, obviously he had heard Molly scream. "If you can meet at the agency tomorrow at 11:00 AM, we can sign the papers then" Jake added.

"Yes, we'll be there. Thank you so much!" I replied. Molly was now standing up doing a victory dance.

"No worries, I'll see you tomorrow morning Emily" Jake said before he hung up.

"We got the apartment!" I squealed as I joined Molly in her dancing. Gabe and Brooke looked up to us with a big grin.

"You did?!" Gabe asked excitedly.

"Mhm. We did!" Molly responded. They both shot up and engulfed us in a group hug.

I don't know what I was expecting when we put in the offer for the cafe and apartment. But this was definitely the best outcome.

"So you're moving out?" Brooke asked quietly. We all pulled away.

"Yeah" I said, just as quiet. I hadn't even thought about not having Brooke and Gabe with us. This was our third year of being roomies with Brooke. Gabe had moved in last year after being together with Brooke for a year. We had all made so many great memories here. We'd shared so many laughs over stupid stuff that only us 3 would understand. We'd shared a fair amount of cries over 'The Notebook' and 'Titanic'. We'd made so many goofy yet great memories in this apartment with Brooke. And now it was coming to an end.

I pulled Brooke towards me and wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"Thank you" I whispered to her.

"For what?" She whispered back.

"For making these past few years of my life the most enjoyable" I said before I pulled away. A tear rolled down Brooke's cheek. "No. We're not crying now. Save the emotions for when we leave" I said as Brooke hastily wiped away the tear. I hated crying. I always felt some sort of weakness inside of me and I didn't like it. Gabe pulled her in towards him and gave her forehead a quick kiss. 

"I'm proud of both of you. You're finally able to pursue your dream" Gabe said. I gave him a smile in thanks.

"I want to move in as soon as we can" Molly said as the two of us got up from the couch.

"Me too. And seeing as we're getting the apartment tomorrow, we can go furniture shopping straight after. I'll order in a moving truck to take the things we're bringing from here" I responded.

"Em?" Molly asked. I stopped my journey to my bedroom and turned around. "Can I invite Niall?" She asked me quietly as she kept her eyes on her feet. I chuckled to myself at how nervous Molly was to ask me this. She never got nervous over boys. Niall must really mean something.

"Yeah you can invite him" I responded. Molly's eyes shot up and a big grin formed on her face.

"Thank you" She said before running off to her room. 

. . .

Molly and I had officially got the apartment. We'd signed the papers and Jake had given us the keys. The apartment was ours.

We were headed out of the agency and starting our way towards IKEA. We had planned to meet Niall there and he could come shopping with us for furniture and what not. Luckily it was only a 5 minute walk from the agency.

Molly started picking at her nails as we continued our way to IKEA. She used to do this whenever she had an exam coming up and I knew it was her nervous habit.

"Molly" I said as I pulled her hands apart. "You need to stop overthinking this" She looked over to me and it was like I could feel the nerves radiating from her.

"I can't. I actually like him Em. I finally found a decent guy and it turns out he's from the biggest boy band in the world. There's no way he'll like me back. I don't even know why he agreed to come" Molly rambled on.

"If he didn't like you he wouldn't have asked for your number" I reminded her as we walked into IKEA. Niall was already standing in the entrance waiting patiently with... Harry. Why was he here?

Molly ran towards Niall and he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her in as close as he could. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held on to him tightly. I couldn't help but form a smile as I walked towards the two. I was so happy to see Molly like this with Niall. She'd had a previous boyfriend of 2 and a half years who ended up cheating on her. After that she lost trust in a lot of people. She became scared that someone would break her like Dylan did. It was a rough 3 months after she found out, but with the help of Brooke and I, she pushed through.

"Earth to Emily" I turned my head and found Harry walking beside me. I didn't even realise he'd come over.

"Why are you here?" I groaned as I Molly and Niall began making their way back towards us.

"Don't be asking me. I would much rather spend my time alone. Niall forced me to help" Harry responded.

"No I mean why aren't you back to your family like the rest of the boys dumb ass" I replied as we began walking alongside Niall and Molly, and furthur into the shop.

"He's not going for another 2 weeks. The boys left yesterday" Niall chimed in.

"You're leaving on Christmas Eve?! But don't you want to spend that day with your family! And that means you'll be jet lagged on Christmas!" I gasped. Harry looked over to me.

"No, I'm leaving on Christmas Eve morning. Learn to count dumb ass" Harry replied, mocking me as he said dumb ass. Molly burst out laughing and I sent a glare her way, making her stop instantly.

I have so many good things planned for this book! I'm so excited!!!!