chapter fifteen

Emily

Molly and I were running around the apartment cleaning everything. Harry and Niall were picking up Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton from the airport. They were going to be here very soon and Molly and I were making everything look presentable.

I snatched the duster from the cupboard and ran to the coffee table. I glanced down at the ring on my finger as I dusted. I was unable to keep the smile off my face whenever I looked down at it. It looked so perfect sitting on my finger and my love for it was growing by the second. I was still shocked that Harry had actually gotten it. I half expected to wake up and find out I had just dreamed the whole thing.

"Em!" Molly shouted as she came striding from the kitchen and to the living room. "You've been like this all day. What's going on?" She questioned me.

"Been like what?" I asked, even though I had a pretty good guess as to what she was talking about.

"Being all smiley and giddy. I mean it's good but-" Molly's eyes landed on my finger. I quickly hid my hand behind my back. "What is that?!" She asked, excitement and shock taking over her voice. 

"Nothing" I lied as I turned and began walking away. Molly grabbed my hand and pulled me back. She ran her finger over the ring.

"Emily Jane Mosley don't lie to me. Where'd you get this ring from?!"

"I- well- I-" I stuttered. Molly looked back up to me, her eyebrows raised. "Harry" I mumbled.

"HARRY GAVE YOU THIS?!" She screamed causing me to block my ears. 

"It's not a big deal" I told her as I pulled my hand from hers.

"Not a big deal! This is practically a profess of his love to you!"

"No it's not! It was just a simple gift. It doesn't mean anything. Harry and I are... friends I think. And plus, Harry doesn't believe in love" I snapped.

"Friends?! Emily have you seen the way he looks at you. Have you seen the way you look at him! I do not believe for one second that that man does not believe in love. It is a load of bull" She said.

"No it's not. Did you see the look on his face when you and Niall said I love you?!"

"No I was too busy focusing on the drop dead gorgeous man in front of me that had told me he loved me" Molly said proudly. I rolled my eyes in response and grabbed the duster again. "You need to-" Molly was interrupted by a knock at the door. I shot my head up to the door, then to Molly and then back again.

Molly snatched the duster from my hands and ran into the laundry to put it away. I quickly fixed the pillows on the couches before heading over to the door. 

I opened it but wasn't met with the familiar face of Harry or Niall, instead it was Brooke and Gabe.

"Brooke and Gabe?!" Molly asked as she came around the corner.

"Nice to see you too" Gabe laughed. 

"I didn't know you were coming" I said as I glanced over to Molly giving her a 'what-do-we-do' look.

"What do you mean? We organized this a few weeks ago" Brooke said as her and Gabe made there way inside.

"A few weeks- oh my gosh I forgot!" I said, coming to the realization that we had planned to have a general catch up with the two and show them around the cafe and apartment.

"Don't stress, it's fine. At least we're here" Gabe shrugged. 

"Well actually-" Molly was once again interrupted by a knock on the door. I rushed to the door and opened it as Molly took Gabe and Brooke to the living room. This time I was met with Harry and Niall, accompanied by Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton.