chapter thirty-eight

Emily

Molly and I had found out at her appointment last week that she was four and a half weeks pregnant. And it was only yesterday that she'd managed to pluck up the courage to call Niall and ask him to fly over because she needed to talk to him. This of course got Niall and worried and he instantly booked a flight for the next day. And when Niall asked her if everything was ok, Molly freaked out and hung up the call, leaving an even more worried Niall.

I ended up having to call him and tell him that everything was fine and there was just something Molly needed to talk to him about. I don't know whether he was that convinced but he did seem to calm down slightly.

So that left me and Molly, both sitting on the couch today, waiting for a knock at the door.

"I thought he was coming half an hour ago? Where is he?" Molly said, stress clear in her voice as she anxiously picked at her nails. Right on cue, there was a knock at the apartment door. 

I turned to Molly as she got up.

"I'm getting some water" I said as I got up and walked to the open spaced kitchen, knowing that the two would want some privacy. I didn't know whether they were going into her room, but if they didn't, I figured I would just go to mine. Molly nodded in response and continued her way to the door.

I heard the door open and Molly and Niall talking together as I poured myself some water. I walked back into the living room, ready to head to my room if needed, at the same time Niall and Molly passed.

"Hello Ni-" My eyes flickered over to the figure behind Niall and Molly. "Harry!" I said excitedly, running up to him and wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"Hi baby" Harry said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I pulled back, letting my hands fall to sit on his upper arms.

"I didn't know you were coming" I said, unable to stop grinning. 

"I know, I wanted to surprise you" Harry said before pressing his lips to mine. I brought my hands to the back of his neck, letting one of them tangle into his hair like usual.

"Where gonna go to my room" I pulled away at the sound of Molly's voice. I thought her and Niall had already dispersed to her room but obviously not. I gave her a small nod, trying to give her the silent reassurance that I could tell she needed. She tangled her fingers with Niall's and took him to her room.

"Is she breaking up with him?" Harry asked, snaking his arms around my waist and sitting his hands on my stomach as I watched the two walk into Molly's room. I shook my head, turning around in Harry's hold.

I wanted to tell him everything because I knew I could trust him, but I knew that Niall would probably want to do that himself.

Harry didn't press the conversation furthur, as though he knew this was something he couldn't know about... yet. I looked down, noticing the bag that was on the floor. My eyes widened and I shot my head back up to Harry.

"Are you... staying?" I asked hopefully.

"Only if it's ok with you" Harry replied. I smiled up at him and nodded my head. Harry chuckled and pulled me into his chest.

"I missed you" I said, snaking my arms around his torso.

"Not as much as I missed you" Harry replied, giving me a quick peck.

"That's impossible" I replied, giving him a quick peck as well. Harry's grip on my waist tightened and a smirk played on his lips.

"Maybe you can show me how much you missed me" Harry whispered.