chapter nine

Emily

I hadn't got any sleep last night. I lay wide awake, flinching at any sound I heard. I wasn't even able to walk to my room alone and Harry had to come in with me to turn my light off so I didn't have to run back to my bed in the dark. I was well aware that I had been acting like a 7 year-old and Harry had found it quite hysterical. 

Molly came into my room this morning at 8:30. I still hadn't got any sleep and I was so tired. She had asked me if she could go out with Niall and I told her she didn't need to ask. 

I was currently still in bed. It was just past 10:30 and Molly had left to go meet Niall. I finally felt myself drifting off to sleep with the light from outside to comfort me, when I heard the front door to the apartment creak open.

I shot up so fast and grabbed the closest thing to me. My lamp. I was now fully awake as I heard soft footsteps and then the door creak again as it closed. I slowly stood up from my bed and tiptoed towards my wardrobe. I opened the wardrobe door as quietly as I could, bringing my lamp in with me. I shut it just as quietly and stood waiting. I know this wasn't the best thing to do but there was no way in hell I was being killed by any possessed creature today.

I heard the footsteps getting closer to my room. My heart began beating out of my chest and I held my breath. There was one knock on my door. I stayed as quiet and still as I could as there was another knock. I bit my lip to stop me from screaming before I heard my door open.

I screamed as loud as I could as I ran out of my wardrobe, holding my lamp up ready to beat whatever had crawled, walked, or slid into my room.

"No stop it's me, Harry!" Harry shouted as he shielded his head at the same time I stopped. He snatched the lamp from my hand and placed his other hand over his chest as he let out a breath. "What the hell Emily?!" He yelled.

"Don't what the hell Emily me! Why in gods name did you scare me like that?!" I yelled at him in between my heavy and uneven breaths. Harry looked genuinely shocked as he placed my lamp back on my side table.

"I wasn't trying to scare you!" He said as he turned back around to face me.

"You opened the front door as slowly as you could! And then you didn't even make yourself known! You could have shouted out Emily or something, but no, you thought it would be a good idea to knock on my door ONCE and then walk in! Who the hell knocks on a door once?! And why didn't you knock on the front door?!" I yelled.

"You're being dramatic" Harry simply said.

"Dramatic?! I didn't sleep at all last night. I got no sleep. None! Zilch! And it was all because I let you convince me to watch the stupid Blair Witch Project" I told him. Harry just shrugged his shoulders and went to lay across my bed, next to the wall. "Oh hell no. If you're staying, I'm on that side" I told him sternly. Harry just laughed at me and didn't move. "Get up Styles" I ordered him. He still didn't move and so I crawled over him, making sure to dig my knee into his side as I did so, and squeezed myself in between him and the wall. He let out a groan before I pushed him over to the other side of the bed. I grabbed my blanket and sprawled over me. Harry moved closer so that he was able to be under the blanket and then got out his phone.

"So you really got no sleep last night?" Harry asked me.

"Yes. And I was just about to finally fall asleep before I was interrupted by you" I huffed causing Harry to roll his eyes. "Why are you here?" I asked him with a huff.

"Because Niall and Molly are on a date" Harry said as though it was obvious.

"So you just invited yourself over?" I replied.