chapter eight

Emily

Molly and Niall had gone out to get dinner at the restaurant down the road. It was more of a casual restaurant but I was still very impressed with Niall's choice. Molly of course didn't care and was just ecstatic that she was going out to dinner with him. I had got some pizza for Harry and I. Well I ordered it, he refused to let me pay and told me it costed nothing.

We were currently sitting on the couch we had just set up in the living room and eating our pizza while playing 20 questions.

"Hab you eber beem kick outa sop?" Harry asked with his mouth full.

"What?" I asked. Harry rolled his eyes and finished his mouth full.

"Have you ever been kicked out of a shop?" He repeated. 

"Molly and I once got kicked out of target because we 'weren't buying anything' and 'mucking around'" I simply said. Harry sat waiting for an explanation. "We had planned to watch a movie that didn't start for 45 minutes, so we went to the target next door. After half an hour of roaming and laughing loudly over stupid things, we got kicked out" I told him. Harry didn't say anything and instead took another bite of his pizza. "Have you ever been in love" I asked him. This time he waited until he'd finished chewing.

"Love doesn't exist" He said with a shake of his head.

"What?!" I said, nearly choking on my food.

"It doesn't exist" He repeated with a shrug. I quickly swallowed my pizza before continuing.

"Wrong. It exists, you just don't believe in it" I said. I waited for Harry to explain why he doesn't believe, but he didn't. I could tell he didn't want to either so I didn't bother asking. Harry kept his eyes on the pizza box resting on the couch in the middle of us. He looked deep in thought and I swear I could see a hint of trouble in his eyes. He looked up to me and realised it was his turn to ask a question.

"Do you have-" Harry started before the door to the apartment opened. My head shot up as Niall and Molly came in, hand in hand. They both came over to the couch.

"Hell-" Molly started before I grabbed her hand and dragged her away. I knew this was kind of rude to do, seeing as they'd just gotten back, but I was dying to know about their date. I pulled Molly into my room before shutting my door and spinning around to face her. She was still grinning from ear to ear.

"Well?" I asked her excitedly.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend!" She replied with even more excitement. My mouth dropped. I had a feeling that Niall and Molly would get together, but I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon. Molly's face dropped after my mouth had opened. "Should I have said no? Do you think I'm rushing into this? It was a bad idea wasn't it? I haven't even known him that long and-"

"Molly!" I said, stopping her from rambling on. "I trust that you made the right decision. If you think you're ready for another relationship then I'm happy for you" I told her. She relaxed as I said this but didn't go back to smiling.

"Would you have said yes this soon?" She asked me quietly.

"With Niall?! God no!" I said. Niall was a great guy, but he wasn't my type.

"Not with Niall! I mean... if you met someone and they asked you around the same time Niall did to me, would you have said yes?" Molly asked. I thought over the question she was asking me. 

"I don't know. I mean it hasn't happened to me so... I'm not sure. I guess if I really liked the guy and was positive he wouldn't do anything to hurt me, my family, or friends... then I guess" I replied. Molly smiled as she nodded her head.