chapter sixteen

Emily

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Harry and I snapped our heads to the door. There was a loud thud and then a scream. 

Harry looked back to me with a worried look before bolting out of the room. I followed straight after him both worried and annoyed.

Worried because there was obviously something happening out there. The thud on the floor had sounded forceful and heavy, like a person being thrown down. And the scream had most definitely belonged to Molly, instantly making me think the worst. I knew straight away from the sound of the voice that it was Gabe who had yelled. Gabe was much bigger and stronger then Molly, and if it really was her in trouble, she wouldn't be ok.

And I was annoyed because whatever the hell was happening, had interrupted mine and Harry's conversation. He had was just about to tell me something, and it sounded important. But now, I might not get to hear what he had to say.

I quickly got to the living room, just after Harry. It was complete chaos. 

Niall was lying on the ground, Gabe on top of him, holding his fist up ready to punch him. 

Ashton and Michael were both trying to pull Gabe from Niall while Molly desperately pushed at him to get up.

Brooke was standing in the corner of the room, her eyes filled with tears and her cheeks stained with them too.

Calum and Luke were both standing behind Ashton and Michael, ready to help haul Gabe from Niall if needed.

And Harry... well Harry was standing beside me, just as unsure about what had started this riot as I was.

Ashton and Michael managed to pull Gabe from Niall before his fist could come in contact with Niall's face. As Gabe was pulled up I noticed that Niall had a bleeding and very swollen lip, telling me he'd already been punched. Molly crouched down beside Niall before her head shot up.

"YOU!" She screamed. She stood up, running forward at Brooke. Without thinking twice I quickly ran in front of her, holding her back and still confused as to what was happening. Molly pushed me off her, heading for Brooke again but Harry was quick to grab her before she could take another step.

"FUCK!" Niall yelled in pain. I wheeled around to see Ashton on the ground and Michael hovering over him. Gabe was back on top of Niall, his fist had just come in contact with Niall's face for what looked like the second time considering his lip was bleeding as well as his nose now. 

Molly, Calum, Luke and Harry all ran forward.

"STOP! STOP GABE!" Molly screamed as Harry, Calum and Luke pulled Gabe off Niall again. Molly got down on her knees, hovering herself over Niall to protect him.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" Gabe screamed as he struggled in Harry's, Calum's and Luke's grip. 

I looked over to Brooke, expecting her to do something to calm him down, but she still stood there crying her eyes out. 

Still the most confused I'd ever been, I ran over to Gabe, realising Brooke was in shock and unable to do anything. Harry, Ashton and Luke were all holding him back and I was surprise they needed 3 people to keep their grip. 

Gabe was fuming as he tried to free himself from the hold they had on him. He was panting heavily as he desperately tried to get back to Niall. Gabe's eyes held a firm glare on him and if looks could kill... Niall would be dead.

"You need to calm down!" I told him sternly. He pulled his deathly glare from Niall and turned it to me instead. "What the hell happened?" I asked, less sternly and more quietly, suddenly feeling a tinge of fright from how angry Gabe was. He looked above my head and to Brooke who was behind me. The anger he was showing suddenly changed to hurt. Hurt and sadness.