chapter forty-two

Emily

Harry, Ally, Matt, Tommy and I ended up watching 'The Goonies'. We had decided that Ally, Tommy and I would get to chose seeing as we won the Nerf war. And even though I didn't get much input, I was still happy with decision.

I hadn't expected Harry and I to end up sleeping in a fort, but Tommy had ended up falling asleep on Harry's side half way through the movie, and Ally and Matt had fallen asleep beside Tommy, the two of them cuddled up under one blanket. Baxter had of course slept in here with us, resting his head in my lap. I was on Harry's other side, resting my head on his shoulder with his hand resting on my inner thigh and rubbing small circles.

"Baby?" Harry whispered.

"Mhm" 

"I'm gonna miss not waking up to you everyday" Harry said, still at a whisper. I lifted my head slightly, looking at him in the dark.

"I'm gonna miss you too babe" I said back, equally as quiet. 

"So you'd want to wake up to me everyday if you could?" Harry asked. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, wondering why he was asking the question because I'm sure he already knew the answer.

"Of course I would want to. But that's impossible babe, you live in London and I live in Ireland" I replied, placing my head back on his shoulder with a sigh. "Plus, I don't think you're going to miss waking up to everyday. You'll probably enjoy time alone" I chuckled, a slight tease in my voice. 

I waited for Harry's familiar chuckle to be heard as well, but when he stayed quiet I looked back up to him again.

"Harry?" I asked.

"Yeah"

"What's wrong?" I asked, shifting my body to get a better look at him in the dark.

"Nothing baby" He replied, patting his shoulder for me to rest my head back on. I couldn't tell whether there was something wrong or not, because he didn't seem upset but he also didn't seem happy. Figuring he was just tired, I placed my head back on his shoulder, sitting my hand on his chest where I found Tommy's little hand also resting. I chuckled quietly, moving my hand up furthur so it wasn't on his before closing my eyes.

. . .

I felt a lot warmer then usual. I reached down to push down my doona but my hand came in contact with Baxter instead. Realising I didn't have a doona and was just hot, I slowly opened my eyes, my vision still blurry as I looked around.

I was still in the fort from last night. Tommy was even more cuddled up into Harry's side. Ally was still in the same position as last night. Matt however had managed to venture over beside me and Baxter, and was now sleeping peacefully there. 

I carefully lifted Harry's hand from my thigh, placing it on his stomach and quietly leaving the fort. It was a lot easier to breathe when I wasn't inside and was certainly a whole less stuffier. 

I ventured downstairs and into the kitchen to find Dad cooking on the stove and Mum sitting on one of the stools by the counter.

"How'd you sleep sweetie?" Mum asked as Dad passed me a coffee.

"Good. Harry and I fell asleep in the fort with Ally, Matt and Tommy" I said with a small laugh as Mum let out a chuckle.

"I like him. He treats you well" Dad said, returning to the stove to flip the bacon.

"He's definitely a keeper" Mum agreed. 

I hummed in response, a small smile playing on my lips over the fact that not only Ally, Matt and Tommy liked Harry, but that Mum and Dad both did as well.