chapter twenty-nine

Emily

The boys had just finished singing History and instantly pulled each other into a tight group hug. 

I was able to see from where I was backstage, that there were multiple people in the audience crying. Most of them were girls around my age or teenagers. Molly was sitting in the front row on the left side and I noticed a few tears in her eyes along with the people seated around her. I guessed they must have been family members of the boys.

The loud applause continued and it wasn't long before Olly Murs was walking back onto the stage.

"Give it up for One Direction!" The boys broke apart and the applause got louder. Harry, Louis, Liam and Niall all continued to thank the audience before the lights went out.

I was just able to make out the boys hugging and thanking all of the judges and band as more people began filing onto the stage as well.

"Give it up for One Direction one last time!" The applause got louder once again as Harry, Niall, Louis and Liam all made their way off the dark stage.

As soon as they'd walked off they pulled each other into another group hug. I stayed standing where I was, letting them take this time to talk to each other and spend this last few moments alone. 

"Hello dear" I looked to my side to see that there was now a women standing beside me with a welcoming and kind smile gracing her features.

"Hello" I responded with a smile. I was unsure of who she was and why she wanted to talk to me but I stayed polite anyway.

"I'm Anne, Harry's mother" She said. I held out my hand to shake hers but she just chuckled. "I'm a hugger sweet heart" She pulled me into a warm hug and I instantly felt comforted.

"I'm Emily" I said as we pulled away.

"Yes I've heard a lot about you" I hoped that everything she'd been told was all good things, but I couldn't help but wonder when and why Harry had told his Mum about me. Although I had told my Mum about Harry so maybe he was just close with Anne like I was to Mum. 

I sent her a smile and glanced back over to the boys who were still in conversation.

"How have you been?" Anne asked me. I looked back over to her and I knew she was talking about how I've been since England. But for some reason, I wanted to truthfully tell Anne how I've been instead of lying and saying I'm good. 

"Honestly, I've been better" I said with a shrug.

"I'm sure you have" Anne sighed. "You have every right to feel this way. I don't know what was going on in Harry's head but he definitely wasn't thinking" 

"You can say that again" I chuckled, causing Anne to do the same.

"I hope you two can work this out together. You mean a lot to him Emily and I know that upsetting you was never Harry's intention. And I'm not just saying that because I'm his Mum. I just really hope everything works out. You're a lovely girl and I know Harry can tell too. I've honestly never seen him so worked up like he has been. You're definitely something special Emily"

I felt myself growing hot at Anne's kind words. Sh gave my shoulder a small rub and I let out a sigh.

"I hope we can work this out too"

Anne sent me another warm smile before she directed her attention in front of us. I did the same to see Harry making his way towards us. Niall, Liam and Louis had all dispersed off to different people as well.

"You did wonderful as always Harry" Anne said as they both embraced each other into a tight hug.

"Thanks Mum" Harry responded as they pulled away. Harry glanced over to me and I could feel Anne's eyes on the two of us.