Part 7: Bright

Bright picked up Gulf from his dorm one hour earlier than usual since they will be meeting Mild about what was offered to them.

*knocks* no answer from him, he knock on the door a little bit stronger than the previous one but still no answer.

"Is he still sleeping? It's late already" Bright thought. He was about to take his phone and call the owner of the house but it opens and he is wearing just a robe. Bright rolled his eyes.

"You just finished? Took you so long! I thought something happened already" he exclaimed. He went inside Gulf's room and went directly to his refrigerator to get something to eat.

"Hurry up! Go get change we need to leave early. We'll meet Mild first." he sighed. "Uh, about your boyfriend what's your plan?" he asked.

"What do you mean what's my plan?" Gulf raised his eyebrow.
"You stupid one!" Bright sighed again, "It's about Mild's offer" he said.
"Oooh, he will know about it... soon" he said. "How's it going with your lover?" Gulf asked changing the topic. Bright usually doesn't talk that much about his current lover but he has one back home in the Philippines. Gulf is actually not fond of that so-called boyfriend of Bright but as long as his friend is happy, then he is also happy.

He let out a sigh before answering the question "He never called, texted and messaged me! He is fvcking offline for 2 effin days!" He exclaimed. "I called his sister but she said her brother doesn't allow her to tell a thing, same as his friends. I also tried calling him and he never answered! He also switched his phone off yesterday! What the heck did I do? What the heck am I going to do?" He is frustrated. Bright's lover is also a guy.  

"Maybe he needs time, he must just be missing you! We just transferred here and it'll be summer when you guys meet again. That's one whole year you know" Gulf console him. "I already told you to clear things with him before we left." he looked at him in the eyes and he taps his back.

"I did!" He said, he is anxious. Bright taps his phone and open a photo to show Gulf. "Look at this..." he paused and showed the photo to him. He finished changing and just arranging his things so that they can leave already. Gulf leaned closer since he can't believe what is shown before his eyes, he grabbed his phone. "What the fvck? Who sent this?" he asked his friend, he's feeling sorry for him.

"Ja.. Swipe to the left... Some were sent by First" Bright's tears starts to run through his face.
He composed himself "You done? Let's go." He wiped his tears then moves to the door without waiting for Gulfs answer. He just grabbed his things but still holding Bright's phone.

They were silent on the way to the parking. He is still looking at the pictures in his phone.

"Let me drive" Gulf offered since the other one is emotionally unstable.

He returned his friend's phone. Bright called Mild and said that they're heading to the Uni already. After the call, both of them were silent. Bright is just looking at the window trying to avoid the issue.

Gulf holds his friend's hand while walking to their college where Mild is waiting. He is holding him to support him emotionally. Even though Bright act strong, he is fragile deep inside.

*snaps*

Gulf sat next to Bright on the bench with Mild on the other side. Gulf let his friend's hand go but still caressing his back from time to time. 

*snaps*

"So what do you guys think? It's a good offer though and a good start for you two" Mild said nodding.