I Adore Your Voice

I giggled lightly, "Thor, surely not!"
"I speak truth! Your voice is as sweet as honey. I have never enjoyed listening to poetry before, and yet you make it sound so important and real."
"Stop Thor, there is no need to exaggerate." I giggled once more
He cupped my cheek with his warm hand "I would never lie to you, Lina."
"I know" I breathed out happily.
The world around us dulled, and all I saw was him.
"It has become late. We should go to dinner, or mother will worry" he said softly, as he stood
I nodded absently as he helped me stand, and followed him to dinner-even though after all these weeks I can find my way to majority of the rooms.
I greeted Odin and Frigg, then took my seat in the middle. Thor sat opposite of me sending me a wide smile.
I looked around and frowned "Excuse me Frigg, where is Loki?"
"I am not quite sure. He told me he might be a little late to dinner. Do not worry dear, I am sure he will arrive soon."
I nodded absently wondering where Loki had gone off. Deciding it was none of my business-and that he was most likely practicing his magic somewhere-and yet I felt an unsettling worry deep down.

Loki strode into the room, sitting down next to me casually.
"I see you have finally joined us, Loki," said Frigg raising her eyebrow
"I apologize for my tardiness mother, I was...busy."
"Busy?" I asked without thinking
"Nothing important dear Lina."
"Well, it must have been important, to have taken so long." I pushed. I knew very well that I was completely stepping out of place, yet my curiosity was eating me alive. I had never wanted to know something so much in my entire life.
"Well aren't you curious." chuckled Loki
"Oh come Loki, tell us where you were off," said Thor cheerfully
"Curiosity killed the cat, brother." winked Loki
"Curiosity is the spark behind every great idea." I retorted
Everyone stared at me for a bit, smiling at my answer until Frigg chuckled "Very well said, dear."
"Indeed." sighed Loki

I walked over to my window. The night sky only illuminated by many twinkling stars and the white moon. Airiana had already gone to bed a while ago after she thought I had fallen asleep. Strangely my body was filled with energy and I could not come to sleep. My mind was blank, I hadn't the slightest idea of what to do to pass the time. I heard a soft tapping and realized there was a small raven perched outside of my window. I stared at the bird for a while until...well it spoke.
"Hello"
I jumped back slightly "Did you...never mind."
"If you were about to ask me if I could speak, I can."
"I-I...How?"
"Well, dear can you really not figure out the answer to that? Surely you must know why."
"Loki?" I whispered not believing myself
"Indeed, love."
"How-you used magic?"
"Yes, may I come in?"
"Ugh, Y-yes of course."
I opened the window and stepped back, allowing Loki (as a raven) inside my dorm.
The next second Loki was himself once again.
"Surprised?" he said chuckling to himself
"I would be lying if I said otherwise," I answered staring at him in wonder
"I can tell."
"But then again I did not know you had the ability to turn into a bird..."
"I have shapeshifting abilities."
"Does that mean you can take anyone's appearance?"
"Indeed."
"That is...amazing...but Loki, you should not be here."
"Why not, dear?" he asked taking another few steps closer
"It is not proper," I said steadily, trying to sound confident
"I only wished to speak with you."
"Could it not wait for tomorrow?"
"I suppose it could, but I do not feel like being patient."
I crossed my arms "Very well: speak."
"I noticed your barely contained curiosity this evening. I could tell you had a deep desire to know where I had gone. And I thought I owed you an explanation."

Loki POV
"I noticed your barely contained curiosity this evening. I could tell you had a deep desire to know where I had gone. And I thought I owed you an explanation." I said to Lina
"And what would that be?" she said stiffly
I could tell she was not yet comfortable with a man being in her bedroom. That was not important...soon she will become accustomed to it.
I took a small leather-bound book out of my pocket and presented it to her.
"I was getting you a gift."
"A..gift? For me?" Lina's eyes jumped between the book and me
I smirked. I have her now.
"Remember the promise I made you? I promised to teach you magic. This book will set you on the right path. It has a few simple tricks, things that will help you get started."
Lina tentatively took the book, and began yo examine the outside with her hands "Its beautiful." she mumbled
"Then it suits you." I smiled
Lina looked up and smiled "Thank you so much."
"Anything for you, dear." I said while grinning. Truth be told I hadn't spent any time on finding this book. Mother had given it to me many years ago when I had first shown interest in magic. I spent my day out...with a couple lovely ladies...having a rather fun time.
Lina's POV
"Anything for you, dear." said Loki
My heart skipped a beat and I felt my smile growing even larger
I took a few quick steps towards him and pulled him into a hug. Loki had missed part of the dinner for me, to find a book he would give me. And I had been foolishly annoying towards him during the remainder of dinner. He had gone out of his was to keep a promise he had made.
"I will never be able to show how grateful I am for this, Loki."
I felt Loki's arm surround my waist and pull me closer to him.
"You do not need to." he whispered in my ear
I slightly pulled back, so that our eyes may meet.
I felt my heart beat faster and my cheeks grow warm as his piercing green eyes met mine.
Slowly, our faces grew closer, and the world was blank, it was only us who existed.
Our lips pressed against one another and I melted in his arms.