Hold Me

Have you ever longed the company of someone that your soul itself trembled? Loki's presence in my life is overwhelming. Especially with our child on the way. I ran my hand over my large belly. Inside me, I carried our child, a small girl that we had created on the night we were reunited. It was a heated night, packed with exploding emotions and sexual tension. I had visited Loki once a week every week since then, and although it seemed that our relationship had bettered, I had a feeling he resented me a little. Perhaps because I was still in Odin's good graces, or that unlike him I had the ability to leave that cell behind at the end of the day. Of course, he does not know how empty I feel when I walk these empty halls with ought him. Or the people of this world glare at me suspiciously. How I feel as if all I do is watched upon. I often felt as if I was going mad, the only thing keeping me grounded was my child. I hoped that once the baby was born, Odin would be willing to give Loki his freedom back. After all, he understood the love of a father.
Frigga had been especially giddy since she realized she would soon have a grandchild. She had already organized everything for my child's arrival- even giving herself the liberty to hand me a list with baby names she believed were best. I, on the other hand, had run through all the books I had brought back with me from Middle Earth, searching for the perfect name. I had struggled to find acceptable names for the baby. At first, I had chosen Daisy, from Great Gatsby, for her beauty and supposed kindness-but by the time I had finished the book I was left in tears and cursing both Buchanan's. I later considered Maya, after the poetry writer Maya Angelou, but Loki had practically hissed at the name. I had also gone through a handful of published Greek tragedies, but the stories were too heartbreaking for me to name my child after those supposed heroes. I had gone through a number of books, but I could not find one that I felt was right. Frigga had assured me that I would know the right name when the baby would come. She told me that the first time she held Loki in her arms, he pulled at her golden locks and giggled his little head off. And at that moment, when their eyes met, and he smiled gleefully up at her, his name slipped out of her lips without a thought. It was a sweet story, but it provided me no peace. Instead, I wondered if I would be a good mother-what if the right name-or the right time never came? what if my child was doomed to remain nameless or cursed with a horrid name like Glafira (a name on Frigga's list). I sat on my large bed alone, my slowly growing baby bump forcing me to sit differently. I sighed and raised my hands, concentrating on what I wanted. I had been with Loki no more than 3 hours ago, but I still felt completely alone. A white light surrounded my hand, and soon enough I could see him before me. Loki raised his eyebrows.
"Lina, are you alright?"
I shrugged. "I'm not really sure."
"You should not be performing magic, it places too much stress on the baby," he said sternly.
"I know. I truly am sorry. I simply-I feel exhausted...and alone...I feel terrified..." my voice cracked "I want to be with you...I want you to hold me..."
Loki stepped forward as if to take my hand "Lina, listen to me. Our lives have rapidly and consistently changed, and I am aware that our current situation is less than desirable- but you must be strong. I realize that this will be more than difficult, but you must concentrate on the importance of this child. Our child. A product of you and me! How fantastic is that? I cannot be with you at the time and believe me, it is the only thing I regret in life...but soon we will be together-with our baby."
I stared at him in awe. He had never spoken in that way to me...
"You speak the truth...I must have faith that all will be well."
He nodded once and the said "Now rest. I forbid you from practicing any more magic until our child is born."
I rolled my eyes, knowing he could not forbid me...but that he was only saying this to protect our baby.
"Very well. Good night, Loki."
"Good night, Lina."