Complications

I stared quietly at Jane. She was not like most women in this world. For one, ladies of Asgard did not take to asking such personal questions to someone of royalty...

I was not sure if this was due to ignorance or boldness or simple disregard for the privacy of others. Still, she was Thor's lover and if he trusted her it would be for a great reason.

"Loki and I were betrothed through our parents' arrangements.", I admitted

Jane scrunched up her face, "How barbaric."

I smiled at her reactions since I had had a similar thought when the arrangement had come to light.

"Yes. I must agree. Marriage should be based on love alone, not the importance on one social stand. Not many agree with Thor's decision to have brought you here. They believe you do not belong in Asgard, even less so by the side of it's leader."

She frowned.

"Is that what you believe?"

I shrugged and crossed my arms.

"I do not take to meddling in the business of others. If Thor loves you then that is all I need to know. He is my friend, my family and I will support his decisions."

Jane gave me a small smile.

"You really care about him don't you?", she asked.

"Yes. He is my closest friend. He is also one of the few people that still hold hope for Loki."

"I'm a little confused...Do you love Loki? I mean I know this is all a little personal and all an I'm sorry if I'm stepping over the line here but he's a pretty awful guy and I mean it's not like you chose to marry him."

"Tell me, Jane. Do you often ask such personal questions to all people you know for such a short amount of time?"

Jane blushed slightly.

"I'm sorry. I know its probably none of my business...I'm just curious is all."

"There is nothing wrong with curiosity but there is also an amount of respect we must give one another. I love Loki, I am more than aware of his multiple faults but I also see his good traits and I choose to stand by him with the hope that he will learn from his mistakes and eventually better himself."

"You must be really patient. I don't think I could do that."

"Not NOW!! Please my CHILD NOT NOW!" I yelled out in pain as I held my tight round belly. The contractions had begun nearly an hour ago and had not faded away. Several maids hauled me into the nursery. I fought back refusing. This could not happen now. Not at this time. The castle was in ruin. The queen had died only moments ago. It was not a safe time for the baby to come. Yet the child seemed to disagree as it sent another wave of pain through my body. It was time whether I wished it or not. "My husband", I panted, "Someone tell him, please. He must know!"