Flower Shop

I huffed angrily as we flew out of the city. The flying machine rumbling forward.

"This is unfair," I whined.
The man said nothing, his frown deepening. I looked out the window, praying for something...
Loki had decided to keep me safe and sent me off to a city that would be safe for a while. After the initial fight, Loki would come for me. This, of course, leaves me feeling helpless and useless.

Once we had landed I had sprung out, feeling much safer on solid ground. I found myself in a smaller city, it seemed pleasant enough. I felt a heavy pain at the center of my chest, I was infinitely nervous.
"What do you want to do?" the man asked, stretching his arms lazily.
"I want to return to my husband."
He rolled his eyes.
"You know that's not possible."
"Very well. Then let us enjoy this world before my husband destroys it." I hissed, marching forward. The city was small, calm, and unaware of the terrors to come.
As I walked through the town I noticed small families laughing and smiling. I wondered if I could ever have that. A sense of happiness and tranquility. As I continued to walk I spotted something that made me smile. At the very end of the street I was on, there was a beautiful little flower shop. Flowers, something I do know. I signaled to the man that I was heading into the flower shop. With a small nod, he followed close behind. As I opened the door a small bell rang. The man stayed outside, keeping an eye out for danger. The inside smelled wonderful. I grinned with glee as the fresh aroma of the flowers filled my nose. From head to toe, the shop was stuffed with freshly picked flowers of all kinds, in all colors. At the back corner, there was a small desk covered in books and seemingly random papers. Behind the desk sat an old woman, completely immersed in the book she held tightly in her hands.
Deciding not to bother her, I searched for my second favorite flowers. Daffodils. Once I found them I grabbed a good handful and walked over to the desk. I cleared my throat.
The old lady looked up at me startled.
"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't see you there!" she apologized as she set her book down and smiled at me kindly.
I returned the smile.
"No need for apologies. I too have lost myself in a good story and forgotten the world around me."
The woman chuckled. "Yes, I am afraid I am guilty of doing so too many times."
"One could never read too much. As my husband would say 'Knowledge is Power'."
"You have a wise husband," she said before grinning.
"He seems mad rather than wise as of late." I looked down at the daffodils in my hands.
"Fret not, for wisdom has often been mistaken with madness."
"Only time will tell, I suppose."
"Indeed. I hope I am not intruding, but are you alright?"
I looked up at her and realized my eyes had begun to water up, making it hard to see. I blinked back a few times before shaking my head.
"No..."
At once the old woman brought a second stool, asking me to sit down. Without taking a no for an answer she set off behind a door despairing to fetch tea. I was tempted to leave, but she had been so kind that I suspected she would worry more if I left unexplained. When she came back she carried a tray with teacups, saucers, cream, sugar, and a kettle filled with steaming tea. Quickly the woman moved her stool so that she may sit in front of me and poured me cup of tea before placing it in my hands. Once she was settled she stared right into my eyes and asked "What's wrong child? Tell me."
I looked into her kind eyes and told her everything. I shared my entire world with a woman I hardly knew, and yet her presence felt so familiar and warm that I couldn't help myself. By the end my eyes had leaked a river, she had reached for my hand and stared intently at me.
"Listen child, listen to me. Cry, cry hard but only this once. For after this you must gather your strength and move forward. That is the gift we are given as women, to feel passionately and then use these feelings for the better. Now you have wept, so it is time to be strong and do something about what brings you such pain."
"What do I do?" I asked hopelessly
"It seems to me that you have committed your life to your husband. Am I correct?"
"Yes."
"Then let him see that you are not his enemy. That you care for him but this does not mean he may treat you like an old rag. You are his wife and deserve respect."
I nodded. "You speak only truth. You are wise for a mortal." I chuckled.
"And you are silly for a goddess." she pointed out with a crooked smile

Soon after Thor appeared at the door. His eyes were a battlefield, mixed with hundreds of emotions. I knew then that my husband had yet again failed, and so I was to return home. Before leaving I took off my necklace and placed it around her neck as a thank you.