Chapter 2: Just Like Paradise.

[ This must be just like living in paradise 

And I don't wanna go home ]

---

      After two hours of having my music on shuffle and reading, I finally close my book and neatly place it in my bag. My head rests on the window staring at my reflection and the trees passing by. Did I really make a good decision leaving home? I think I did. I'm following my dream and almost there. But, my family isn't here. They can't watch me achieve. But, they gave me a head start.  I yawn and close my eyes and start dozing off.

"More than words is all you have to do to make it real. Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me, 'cause I'd already know...."

---

      I begin feeling uncomfortable in the position, so I change, but it doesn't work. I just open my eyes officially and am greeted with a dark sky. I grab my phone and turn down the volume of the random song playing. I turn it on and squint at the sudden brightness. I quickly turn down the brightness and properly check the the time. 8:07 p.m. 

      I decide on staying awake, not seeing a reason to go back to sleep when there's only an hour left. I unlock my phone and stop my music. I click out of Spotify and go onto Netflix playing Criminal Minds. I watch as the FBI go looking for a school bus of children that could be in possible danger.

---

      After another hour of watching Criminal Minds, I take out my headphones and call an Uber for when I arrive. I place them into my bag and make sure I have all of my things. "Alright folks, we're just about to arrive so please make sure you have all of your belongings as we come to our stop." The bus driver says. I stare out the window watching the pedestrians and bright lights on buildings. 

      Is this what it's like to live in paradise? Los Angeles is so beautiful. The bus comes to a stop making the passengers stand and grab their luggage. I get up and grab my luggage after having a firm grasp on both, my bag and luggage, I walk down the tight aisle and off the bus. I let out a breath as I step onto the sidewalk. I go inside the bus station to wait for my Uber and sit on the chairs beside the large window. 

      I get the notification that my Uber is outside, so I get up and get out of the station and find a car with a pink Uber sticker. "Emily?" The woman questions. 

      "Yeah, that's me." I climb into the backseat and put the luggage beside me. 

      "So what brings you to LA?" She questions creating small talk. 

      "A new job." I answer. She only nods in response as she drives the way to my new apartment.

      The rest of the drive is silent until she pulls up next to my new home. "Here we are. Have a good one." 

      "Thank you. You too." I get out of the car and give a grin before going inside and to the front desk. A woman who looks awfully tired sits behind the desk. "Hi, I'm Emily Marquez. I'm looking for-" 

      "Mr. Johnson. Yes, he told me you were coming. He's actually not here, but he did leave your key and you have to sign a couple papers." She says. "Can I please see your ID?" I quickly grab it and hand it to her. She types a few things on her computer as I look around the lobby. White walls and couches with a glass coffee table and large windows. It was truly beautiful. "Okay, here is your key. Please sign here and here." I sign where she points and take the key and my ID. "Alright, you're good to go. I'll make sure to give these to Mr. Johnson." 

      "Thank you." I smile and make my to the elevator. 

      I press the button and wait for the elevator to open. I go in and press the number 4 and watch the doors slide closed. It dings as the doors open again. I get out and start looking at the door numbers for my designated one. "D-258... Aha!" I shove the key into the key hole and open the door. "Wow..." I breathe out as I look around the apartment. Even empty, it looked amazing. I closed the door behind me and passed the doorway and sighed. To my right, a small kitchen with an island with an area for a dining table at the far corner. On my left, a large area for a living area with a huge window on the wall straight ahead. The window having a bench with a small cabinet underneath.

      In the hallway, on the right are two doors, one being a room and the other a storage closet. On the left is another room and the bathroom. I go into the room on the right and flick on the light. Another window, smaller than the other but gave another view of the city. Beside the window is a closet and shelves on the wall facing the hallway. The other room being the same minus a window. 

      This is definitely like living in paradise. 

------

[ Just Like Paradise  - David Lee Roth ]

------

A/N:

Did I just write my dream apartment? Yes, and I'm proud.

The song she was listening to was 'More Than Words' by Extreme.

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx 

[Edit] JSLGEYBSAGNJDOFIBHRHN ONE DIRECTION WAS ACTIVE AND POSTED I;SDHFAVA;GNHOERFBN IM NOT OKAY KNMSVJOUAGJBSDV SEND HELP JLSADGHFJN BSUOAR ITS NOT FUNNY IM SHAKING KASOJVHRTBN;ETABHI