Chapter 17: I Know You Got Away.

[ There's something about you I'm drawn to,
but there's nothing I can do ]

---

      After we've finished eating, Gramma brings out a cake with frosting that spelled out, 'Welcome Home, Emily!' As Gramma puts down the cake, I see her wrinkled arms with a couple splotches of purple and blue. 

      I let out a sad sigh before shaking away the negative thoughts. Gramma gives me a slice with a kiss on the forehead and everyone else. Obviously not giving them a kiss... Beside me Gramma yawns. "You tired?" I ask taking a bite of my cake. 

      She looks at me, "A little bit..." She trails off. I nod swallowing the piece and grabbing another. Simple vanilla cake with cherry filling with cherries over the top. 

---

      I fall back in bed after everyone's gone. Gramma's gone to bed along with Grampa and Haley is curled up in a ball beside me. I finally grab my phone seeing a few notifications from Instagram and a few messages from the boys. I respond to them and put my phone back on the nightstand and roll over, facing the wall.     

      I look down to Haley who's sleeping in her little ball on top of her donut pillow. I pet her head making her slightly jump, but relax under my touch. I, myself, shut my eyes while seeing the light of the lava lamp before falling asleep.

---

Niall's Pov:

      "Mate, she said she's fine." Harry says reading off his phone. 

      "Then why did she answer so late?" I ask, panic probably evident in my voice. 

      "Jeez, dude. She was with her family." Zayn says. "You said it yourself that she was homesick during tour. Well now that she's with her family, let her be." 

      I nod, "Yeah. You're right." I sigh. Why am I overreacting? She's only with her family, it's not like she's in any danger. "I just feel... Protective over her." I admit. 

      Liam and Louis sit on either side of me, "We all do, lad. But she's with her family. I'm sure she'll be fine." Liam says. 

      "I know what you need. You need a beer, I'll be back." Louis gets up and goes off to find drinks while Liam turns on the TV and looks for a football game. Even with the bitter drink going down my throat, she doesn't leave my mind...

---

Emily's Pov:

      My eyes flutter open with the sound of pots and pans. I haven't had a sleep like that since the last time I was here. 

      Haley lies beside me with her body stretched out. I get up from bed and grab my bag of bathroom products and jog to the bathroom. "Good morning." I sing out to Gramma. 

      She smiles, "Good morning to you." I continue my way to the bathroom to use the loo- I mean toilet. Ugh, I've spent too much time with those boys.

      I brush my teeth and hair. I put my hair into a side braid and wash my hands before walking out. As I do, I hear Uncle Mario's voice with Tia Valerie's following. I smile to the four people walking in and leave my belongings. I go out as Gramma and Grampa bring in plates. I sit in my usual seat while everyone chats. I chew on my food as my phone starts to ring in my pocket. I take it out and see Louis' contact request a video call. I decline and send him a quick text.

To Louis: Eating breakfast. I'll call back in a few.

      After breakfast, as promised, I call Louis back while plopping onto the couch. Deidre walks in, "Heyyyy." She sings out. She plops beside me as Louis' shirtless self pops up. 

      "Ugh, Lou! Put on a shirt!" Louis sticks out his tongue. 

      "Admit it, love. You love it." "Nah, I'll admit that I hate it." Beside me, I see Deidre with her jaw completely dropped. 

      "Deidre, would you like to say hi?" Dee nods and I look back to Louis. "Louis, I would like for you to meet my cousin, Deidre." I smile as I put the camera towards her. 

      Louis waves, "Hello!" 

      "I wanna say hi!" I hear Zayn shout. I put the camera back on me to avoid Deidre getting embarrassed as Zayn's face pops up. "EMILYYYYYY! VAS HAPPENIN'" 

      "Hi Zayn." I laugh. 

      "How's your vacay goin'?" Zayn asks. 

      "It's going great. Lot of food." 

      "I want food!" I hear Harry shout. 

      "Sorry, Haz, it's not vegan." I tease. 

      After talking with the boys for a bit, we hang up and I just chill talking to Deidre as she tells me about her new boyfriend. 

------

[ I Know You Got Away - R5 ]

------

A/N:

SOME DRAMAAAAAAAAA COMING SOOOOOOOOOOOON 'cause so far, this book do be kinda boring doe. Well, except for when Emily and Niall had sex and all that happened BUT GOOD STUFF DO BE COMING I PROMISE

I wonder why Niall is so overprotective...............

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx