Chapter 39: Fine Line.

[A/N: RAPE REFERENCES WARNING!!]

[We'll be alright]

      I sat outside on the bench and looked up at the stars. Another plus about living in a small town. You can actually see the stars. The boys were inside watching TV with Allie and Dee while Tia and Grampa made dinner. Being here without Gramma was weird. It felt like when you know something was missing, but couldn't exactly put your finger on it. Obviously, I knew what was missing, but I didn't want to admit it. 

      Gramma was gone. She was up with the angels having the time of her life drinking as much Coke as she wanted while her body was six feet under. It hurt to know that she wasn't inside cooking dinner with Grampa and Tia. What hurt the most is that it all happened in the worst time. "Hey." I looked over to the back door and saw Louis closing the door. I smiled lightly and looked back up. "Wow, there are so many." He sighs. 

      I nod, "Yeah." 

      When I was younger, I used to reach up so high in attempt to grab one of the many shining lights. It was fun because Gramma was here. I feel Louis slightly nudge me. "What are you thinking about?" I look to him and down to my lap. 

      "If I'm being honest..." I look back up. "Gramma." I sigh sadly. 

      "You do know that what happened wasn't your fault, right?" 

      I nod, "But I wasn't there. I should've just come home and stayed when I first found out. But now, all I have to remember are all the memories that have happened before I moved to LA." I say looking at him. 

      "When me mum passed..." Louis trails off. I hear him let out a sigh and continue. "I was on tour with the lads too." He looks down. "I felt the same. I should've just gone home, but I didn't. But now, I'm glad I didn't." He stares at the trailer next door that belongs to our neighbor and continues. "I had the lads and they helped me. And I know that me mum wouldn't have wanted me to go home. She wanted me to keep going and not give up. 'Don't give up. You can do it-'" 

      "Day by day." I finished. He looked at me, "My Gramma told me the same thing. 'Don't give up on love. You can do it day by day.'" 

      "Love?" Louis wiggles his eyebrows. I nudge him with a giggle. He laughs and looks back up to the sky. "Does that have something to do with a certain person? Maybe... Niall?" 

      I roll my eyes, "Even if it did, I wouldn't tell you." I tease back. 

      "So there is something going on with you and Niall! Ha! I'm getting some money!" 

      "You guys were betting on me and Niall?" I raise my eyebrows and see him shrug. 

      "So what if we were. I won anyway." I laugh and look down to the dirt. I kick a couple pebbles and hear Louis sigh. "Just so you know, cancer is a bitch. None of it is our fault. And I'm sure that she's still gonna cheer you on."

      "I know that you're mom's always gonna be in the crowd." Louis brings me into a side hug, "Please don't tell the boys yet." I say. 

      Louis nods, "Okay." I should tell Louis about Jessie. I know it might be a stupid decision to, but he's like my older brother. I'm sure he won't say anything. 

      "Can I tell you about something else?" Louis nods and pulls back from the hug. 

      "About what?" 

      "Jessie." I clear my throat, "Jessie and I ended because what Niall said was true." 

      It took a while for him to process what I said before his lips parted. "When they fought..." 

      "He said that Jessie was gonna hurt you." I nod a swallow back the lump in my throat. "What?!" 

      "Louis," Louis calms down and continued to listen to what I had to say. This is it. The first time I talked about it in 5 years. "When I was in high school... Senior year. I had a boyfriend. His name was Dylan." Louis nods slowly. "Dylan took me to a party. It was all fun and games until he spiked my drink." I let out a shaky sigh as Louis' jaw clenches. "Him and his friends... They..." Flashbacks came one after the other. The tears were starting to build up as I recalled them. "He... They..." I close my eyes and feel Louis' hand rest on top of mine. 

      "Don't finish if you don't want to." I shook my head. I have to say it. It's the only way the nightmares are going to stop. The only way I can move on from them.

      "Louis, they took advantage of me." I whispered. But he heard. I saw in his eyes that his heart was breaking. Without hesitation, Louis hugged me. 

      "What does that have to do with Jessie?" He asks quietly. 

      "Jessie took me to them. He drugged me and they tried to do it again." I cried. I felt Louis' grip tighten around me as I silently cried. I tightly shut my eyes as the flashbacks wouldn't stop.

-

      Emily plopped back on the bed and cuddled into the duvet and pillows. Her mind was mush. All she wanted to do was sleep. But, that wasn't the plan. Dylan straightened her out and leaned close to her ear. "Just try and stay still..." He whispered. She only nodded with a drunken smile playing at her lips. That's when it happened.

      She felt things happening between her legs, but her drugged mind didn't let her stop it. 

      Between the four of them, they all got a turn. In the end, they thought that it would be fun to do something for their entertainment. And they did. They put a broken glass cup up and damaged her woman parts.

      A drunk couple accidentally came in to have their own fun, but instead saved Emily from getting even more hurt. They took her to the hospital where she was healed and that was when she was told. She wouldn't be able to have children. With her damaged fertility, there wasn't a chance of being able to conceive a child.

      It broke her heart. Thanks to Dylan, she couldn't have the family she hoped for. Her Gramma was there. Her Gramma was understanding and wiped away her tears. She told her that everything would be alright. 

------

[Fine Line - Harry Styles]

------

A/N:

There's that 

If you don't understand, read the ending of Here Comes Goodbye 

Also, please don't be silent readers!!! I love reading comments, they make me happy and I love interacting with people!! I always take time to look through comments, so please leave some!! I promise I'll respond to them if you do!!

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx