Chapter 36: Here Comes Goodbye.

[Here comes the pain,
here comes me wishing things had never changed,
and she was right here in my arms tonight]

      I called Gramma yesterday. She didn't pick up. I refused to tell the boys about the nightmare I had and am still refusing to come clean about everything. I know that for a fact, none of the boys are convinced that I'm okay. 

      It was the last day in Montreal and we would be on our way to Ottawa tonight. Niall rolled my suitcase and his after he refused to let me do it. He's really been the sweetest. I held my phone in hand in case I miraculously got a call from Gramma or Tia. "Hey, guys-" Paul greets but stops when my phone starts ringing. I look down and almost cry from relief. 

      "I-I have to take this." I walk away from the group and somewhere more private. "Tia. Thank God you called." She only cries in response. My heart breaks a little as I realize that my dream might be coming true. "T-Tia? Are you okay?" 

      "Emily. I really hate to do this. You have to come home." 

      "Please tell me that it isn't because of Gramma." I beg as my tears start to flood my eyes making my vision blurry. Tia stays quiet. 

      "I'm sorry, Emily. Just please come home." I nod rapidly forgetting that she can't see me. 

      "I'll be on the next flight. Send Dee to pick me up." I hang up without a second thought and speed walk to the boys. 

      "Em? What happened? Are you crying?" Louis asks with confusion laced in his voice. 

      "I- Where's my luggage?" I ask Niall. He quickly hands it to me and I began to walk out. 

      "Emily! Wait!" He stops me from walking and holds me by the shoulders. "Emily, please talk to me! What is going on?" 

      "I have to go home, Niall." I respond simply. 

      "Wha- Why?" 

      "My Gramma..." I decide against telling him. "My Gramma needs me right now. Please tell James that I'm sorry and tell him to call me." I walk to a cab that I managed to get and look back to Niall. Hurt is spread on his face as he watches me. I walk back to him, "Niall." He doesn't look up at me. 

      "I'm sorry, but I need to get home." I pick up his face and hold it in my hands. 

      "Why can't you just tell me?" 

      I sigh, "My Gramma is in the hospital. I really have to be there." I whisper. 

      "I'm sorry." He apologizes. 

      I shake my head, "Don't be. I love you, okay?" He nods with a small smile playing at his lips. I leave a quick kiss and hug him tightly. 

      "Call me when you get there." He whispers. I nod, "Please be safe, I love you." I nod again and remove myself.

      Gramma, please be okay.

---

      I frantically look for any sign of Tia or Grampa leaving Deidre behind. I sigh of relief when I see Tia. "Emily..." She sighs wrapping me in a hug.