Chapter 33: Truly, Madly, Deeply.

[Did I dream that we were perfectly entwined?
Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine?]

      He didn't mean that. He was drunk. Of course he didn't mean that. He has millions of girls at his feet and he says it to me? He didn't mean it. But, the saying that 'drunken words are sober thoughts'! My conscious reminds me. I roll my eyes at them and sigh. He couldn't possibly mean it. After everything, of course he doesn't mean it. God, why am I so caught up in this? Friends tell each other that they love each other all the time!  

     "You okay?" Harry asks picking up my legs and sitting next to me. I shake my head and look down at my lap. This morning, I helped Niall ease the hangover he had and then he kissed my cheek. Should I believe that it was because he felt the same way or because it was a friendly thing? "What's wrong?" He asks patting my legs. 

      "I'll text it to you." I sigh. There's no reason to hide anything from him, he knows pretty much everything. 

      I grab my phone and let out a long sigh as it unlocks. 

To Harry: Niall told me he loved me last night...

      I send it and put my phone close to my chest. Harry's phone dings from his pocket and reads the screen. I watch as his eyes widen. He looks up from his phone and at me. "What?!" 

      "Harry, shh!" I say quietly. He looks back at his phone and starts typing.

From Harry: WHAT?! WHY ARE YOU SO CALM ABOUT THIS?!

      I look up and meet his eye. He gives me a "huh?!" look and motions for me to reply.

To Harry: Because he was drunk

      It sends and I see Harry's face calm down. He begins typing. 

From Harry: What happened after that?

To Harry: He fell asleep. But this morning I gave him an Advil and yada yada and then he kissed me on the cheek. Did he mean it in a friendly way or a "What I said was true" way????

      He looks over at me and shrugs. He looks back at his phone.

From Harry: Hard to tell with Niall. But he does fall for girls quickly.

To Harry: Should I be excited that he even wanted to come to my room in the first place?

      I see Harry's eyes bulge out of his head.

From Harry: WHAT?!

      "What you guys doing?" Niall's voice asks sitting on the seat in front of Harry and I. We quickly hide our phones and speak at the same time. 

      "Nothing!" 

      "Okay..." Niall replies not fully convinced. After a few moments, Harry stands up making my legs fall. 

      "Okay, I am going to go look for a snack." He says walking away from us. 'No!' I mouth. Niall turns back around and I look at Harry over his shoulder. 'Talk to him!' He points to Niall and walks out. I sit up and Niall sits a safe distance away.

      "What was that about?" He asks finally breaking the silence that was becoming unbearable. I fiddle with a piece of my hair and shake my head. 

      "Nothing." I reply. The silence takes over us again and I feel uncomfortable. 

      "So, um." I look over to Niall and see him move his posture so he's facing me completely. "What exactly did I tell you last night?" Shit, shit, shit. Abort, mission abort! 

      "Um, nothing really." I say hoping my voice didn't have panic in it. "You said that you drank too much and that you were really tired."

      The look in his eyes makes me realize that he knows something. Does he know what he actually told me? "Is that it?" He asks, his voice lacing with hope. 

      "Um, you told me a couple other things, but nothing that important." I try to cover up. He knows. He knows. That I've never her down before... NO! NOT THE TIME!

      "Are you sure?" I nod, "Oh, 'cause I really wanted to talk to you about something I said last night." 

      "I- What?" He remembers? 

      "Uh, yeah. I, um. I remembered some of the stuff I told you and I was hoping um- C-Can we talk tonight?" My heart flutters and I'm in complete shock. "I mean, if you don't want to, we don't have to..." He slightly panics. "But, um." He closes his mouth quickly. 

      "N-No. We can talk tonight. How about after the show?" Niall nods quickly. 

      "Yeah, yeah, I'll go by your room...?" 

      I nod, "Yeah, sure."

      "It's a date." Niall says quickly. His eyes widen at his words. "Uh, no! Not a date! God, I'm sorry." I smile at his nervous state. 

      "It's okay, Nialler." I assure. 

Niall's Pov:

      God, why am I acting like this? It's just Emily. That's exactly why I'm acting like this! Her smile is so cute, she looks so nervous. 

      Quick recap. Liam told me that last night when I was completely out of control of my mind, I said that I loved Emily with everything in me. Which is obviously true. But, I don't know if I told Emily that. Is that why she looks so nervous? 'Cause I accidentally told her? 

      Tonight will only tell...

------

[Truly, Madly, Deeply - One Direction]

------

A/N:

So, me being me, wrote even when I wasn't in the best mood. But, isn't it so cute how they get so nervous around each other? 

Ngl, I kinda want a boyfriend now. Oop. 

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

[Edit] Thanks for 1.2k reads!!!