Chapter 28: Daddy Issues.

[And if you were my little girl,
I'd do whatever I could do]

      "Okay! 20 questions to Emily! Who's in?" I look up from my phone as the boys agree and sit around me. My heart increases its rate as Niall sits beside my legs. His arm brushes against me making goosebumps appear on my arm.

      After Harry made me realize my feelings towards Niall, I have no idea how to act around him. Stay cool, Em. It's just Niall. I really don't want these feelings to get in the way of me and Niall, but what if Harry was right? Did Niall really have feelings towards me? Ugh, I'm such an idiot! Of course he doesn't! It's Niall! He has millions of girls at his feet all the time and he would have feelings for me? Nope, not very possible.

      "I never agreed to this!" I point out. 

      "Too bad, we're doing it anyway." Liam says getting comfortable. I roll my eyes with a smile and toss my phone beside me. 

      "Okay... How old are you?" Louis asks. 

      I squint, "I thought you knew." 

      "I probably do, I just forgot." I chuckle and rest my head on my hand and my other arm draped across my stomach. 

      "I'm 20." I simply respond. I watch as most of the boys' jaws drop. 

      "20?!" They all exclaim at the same time. 

      "Okay, that was scary." 

      "How?!" Zayn asks. 

      "I was born 20 years ago?" I suggest sarcastically. 

      "How are you already graduated?" Liam asks. 

      "Just so you know, that counts as a question, but um-" I hear a couple of the boys scoff. "-I graduated a year early from high school and went to college right after." I explain. 

      I took extra classes to gain my credits faster just because I didn't like school and I wanted to get out as fast as I could. So I did, and I graduated after my Junior year. Then I went to college right after and graduated after my Senior year and I was a year younger than my class. People called me a nerd, which I didn't mind. 

     "Wow, you're so smart." Louis gushes and puts his head on his hand like an interested child. I chuckle. 

      "I bet your parents are proud." I hear Niall say. I slightly smile. Talking about my parents never really was a sensitive topic for me, but there were times that I wondered if they were proud. I wondered what my mom would've said or my dad. Sometimes talking to my friends with parents made me wonder how different my life would've been if I did have them around. 

      "I wish I could say that they are." I mutter but by the looks of their falling faces, I can tell that they heard. 

      "Your parents aren't proud?" Harry asks. I fix my posture quickly. 

      "No, no, no. That's not what I meant." I quickly defend. 

      "Then what did you mean?" Liam asks right after. I look down to my hands. Should I tell them? I probably should have told them a long time ago. 

      "I- um." I look back up, but not making eye contact with any of them. "I don't know my parents." It felt nice to tell the boys. I know I should've told them before, but the subject never came up. 

     I feel the cushion beside me sink and an arm wrapped across my back and grabbing my arm. The familiar comfort making me realize that it was Niall. "I'm sorry I said that." I look up into Niall's eyes sending shivers down my back. 

      "It's not a big deal." I look back to the boys. "I'm serious. It's not a sensitive topic." I quickly say. They sigh and nod. But by the looks on their faces, I can tell that they feel sorry. That is why didn't want to tell them. Everyone is always feeling sorry for me when I tell them or when they find out. I don't need pity. I had an amazing childhood and I wouldn't trade it. 

      "Is there anything else that you wanna tell us now that we're here?" Zayn asks. I quickly shake my head. 

      "No." I replied that way too fast. Now they're going to be suspecting things. Dammit. Thanks to me not being good at lying. All thanks to that.

      But they care. They care more about me than so many people that I can name. If my dad cared about me, he wouldn't have left. But he did. And now I'm telling the boys and they're concerned about me. Wow. 

------

[Daddy Issues - The Neighbourhood]

------

A/N:

She's becoming more open!!

Just a side note, like I've said before, the character is based off of me, but like I've mentioned, I added a twist to her just to make her life a little more dramatic. I've got both my parents around (even tho they aren't together), my gramma doesn't have cancer, and I've never even had a boyfriend. So, I know that no one asked, but I thought that I would give a little clarification.

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

[Edit] jsdbvnasbuvjnrv; THERE'S ACTUALLY 1K OF YOU? WHAT IN THE WORLD THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUUUUU I LOVE YOU ALL AND I'M SENDING VIRTUAL HUGS!!!