Chapter 3: Miss Independent.

[ She got her own thing, that's why I love her ]

---

      The next morning I woke up, not preparing myself for the extremely bright sun overlooking LA at just 6 in the morning. I yawned while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I uncover myself from the the blanket my Gramma made me and get up from the air mattress. I unplugged the mattress and let the air out while grabbing my phone and going into the restroom. 

      I set the phone onto the sink while I use the restroom and doing my morning routine. I wash my hands and my teeth right after. My phone starts ringing, making me smile when I see the contact name. "Hi Gramma!" I greet with toothpaste still in my mouth. I put the phone on speaker and continue brushing my teeth. I spit while hearing her response. 

      "Hi, mija! How was your first night?" She asks. 

      "Lonely. Very lonely." I reply, honestly. 

      "Lonely, why?" 

      "I miss Haley." I pout, even though she can't see me. I hear her laugh as I take out my contacts. 

      "Have you eaten?" She asks as I slip on my glasses. 

      "No, not yet. I just woke up. But after my things get here, I'm going to a diner that's down the street." I reply. 

      "Oh, speaking of, are you and Tia still going to help me with changing my plate and my license?" 

      "Yes. When do you plan on doing it?" 

      "Uh... Sometime this week, probably." 

      "Alright, well yeah. I'll leave you to it. Bye baby, love you." 

      "Love you too, Gramma. I'll call later tonight." 

      "Alright, bye." 

      "Bye." 

      After hanging up with Gramma, I go back to my room and fold up the mattress. I stuff it into the storage closet and move my blankets off to the side. I go to the door when I hear a knock. A man about in his late 40's stands at the other side with a clipboard. "Are you Emily?" I nod and he hands me the clipboard. "Please sign here." I sign where the x's are and hand him back the clipboard. "Can you leave the door open? We will bring in your things, just tell us where." 

      I nod, "Okay." 

      More than one person bring in my boxes and things. They bring in my bedroom things that I've ordered, which I ask them to put in my room. They bring in boxes that I've marked with 'Living Room' or 'Bedroom' before the same man from earlier comes up to me. "We've parked your car in the first open parking we could find." 

      "Oh, that's fine." I say. 

      "Here are your keys. I'm sure that by now, they've finished." 

      "Thank you very much." I say taking the keys from his hand. He nods and leaves with the rest of the people. I close the door behind the last guy and begin taking boxes to their rightful place. After they've finished, I grab my outfit and change into a simple grey t-shirt and light shorts. I leave my hair down naturally and grab my shoes. I grab my keys and bag and walk out of my apartment. 

------

[ Miss Independent - Ne-Yo ]

------

A/N:

BTW; I'm 15, so I don't know how moving works. Sorrrryyyy. 

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

[Edit] Happy 10 Years!!