Chapter 38: Count On Me.

[If you're tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep, 
I'll sing a song beside you]

      From the next room, movements from the boys were heard and some soft snoring. I couldn't sleep. Not without knowing that Gramma was asleep in their room. Haley laid next to me in her little ball. I grabbed my phone and turned it on. The picture of me and the boys set as my lock screen. I smiled lightly and checked the time. 2:45 A.M. I placed my phone quietly back on the nightstand and threw the duvet off of me. I got up and quietly out of my room. 

      I quietly passed by the boys, two air mattresses covered the living room. On the biggest one was Harry, Liam, and Zayn. On the single one was Louis and on the couch was Niall. I tiptoed to the kitchen but froze when the floor creaked. Louis only moved his position on the mattress. I continued my way to the kitchen and turned on the light on the stove. I grabbed a cup and filled it halfway with water. "Can't sleep?" I turned my head to the direction of the whispered voice and saw Niall leaning against the entry. I shook my head and finished off my water.

      "How can I sleep when I know she isn't here?" I whispered back. I placed the empty cup in the sink and felt Niall's arms hug me from behind and his chin on my shoulder. I sigh sadly and feel him leave a small kiss on my shoulder. 

      "How did she...?" He asks. I know what he was trying to say. 

      "Leukemia." I whisper back swallowing the lump in my throat. 

      "Why didn't you tell us?" He asks hugging me tighter. 

      "They told me she was doing fine." I respond turning around and hugging his waist. 

      "That time when you were on the phone in Japan..." 

      "That's when I found out." I nod against his chest. Niall rubs my back soothingly.

      "You should talk to Louis." He whispers. I remove myself but keep my arms around his waist. 

      "Why?" 

      "His mum died of Leukemia a few years back." He whispers. Louis has gone through this. 

      "Really?" 

      Niall nods, "You can talk to him about it. I can tell him to talk to you if you want." I nod and put my head back on his chest. He rubs my back. 

      "Let's go to bed, my Grampa is probably gonna wake up soon." I whisper. Grampa was always one to be up at the crack of dawn. Niall nods and we walk out of the kitchen hand in hand. We walk to my room and I scoot Haley a bit before getting in and moving closer to the wall. Niall gets in and covers both of our bodies. His arm wraps around my waist and his chest is against my back. I hear him start to hum a tune making me yawn. I pet Haley and feel myself yawn. Niall places a kiss on my cheek before letting his head fall on my shoulder. 

---

      When I woke up, Niall was still asleep, but the sound of giggling five year old's was heard. I groaned. "Goddammit, leave!" I said. 

      "But you're cuddling!" Liam says. 

      "You all cuddle too!" I shoot back closing my eyes.