Chapter 21: Steal My Girl.

[ Everybody wanna steal my girl
Everybody wanna take her heart away
Couple billion in the whole wide world
Find another one 'cause she belongs to me ]

---

      At dinner, my phone buzzed, receiving the attention of Liam and Harry who sat on both sides of me. I smiled at the screen reading Jessie's message. 

From Jessie: I miss you :(

      I unlock my phone and type in a reply. 

To Jessie: I've only been gone two days!

      "Ooh. Is that the boy toy?" Harry teases looking over my shoulder. I move my phone away from his view while I felt my face heat up. 

      "He is not a boy toy!" I defend putting my phone down, only to have it buzz again. 

      "I don't know..." Liam trails off while shoving some of his food into his mouth. I roll my eyes and let my large grin take over. 

From Jessie: Feels longer than that. What are you doing? 

      Awe. 

To Jessie: I'm eating dinner. You?

      I shove my phone back into my pocket and ignore the buzz and continue eating. "Look at her smile. It was definitely the boy toy." Louis says sipping his drink. I roll my eyes. 

      "Don't give us that look. We've known you long enough to look right through you." Harry says. 

      "You guys are so immature!" I shove Harry who laughs afterwards. 

      "Oh, she's playing the defensive game. It was definitely the boy toy." Zayn chimes in. I kick his ankle underneath the table. "Ow!" Niall sat quietly eating his food with force. Was he bothered by it? Should I have even brought it up when I did?

---

       After dinner, we walked back to the hotel in the darkness while the boys still picked on me. Niall trailed behind with his head hung low. I don't think I should have told him about Jessie. Yes, we settled things since Japan, but the tension was still there and so apparent that you can cut it with a knife if you wanted. 

      "Goodnight guys." I roll my eyes and walk into my hotel room as they walk off into theirs. I lock the door and change into a pair of black sweats and a simple white t-shirt. I grab my phone and lay back on the bed. I read the last message Jessie sent with a smile.

From Jessie: That's funny. I'm eating breakfast.

      I giggled and typed in a reply. 

To Jessie: Yeah well, I am in a different country.

From Jessie: Sometimes I forget that you're traveling the world with an international famous band. Whoops me.

      This time I actually laugh. 

From Jessie: Can you make room in your super busy schedule for a call?

      Before I'm able to, his contact name pops up requesting a FaceTime. I click on the green button and wait for it to connect before his face appears. His hair is messy as if he just woke up and a smile is across his pink, plump lips that are surrounded by a scruff. "Hi." He says shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth. My kind of guy.

     "You need to shave." I reply. 

      He laughs, "What a way to greet me." I giggle while laying on my side resting my head on my hand. "How was your day?" He asks swallowing the cereal before putting another spoonful. 

      "Eh." I shrug. It takes him a moment before he swallows the cereal and furrows his eyebrows. 

      "What do you mean 'eh'?" I shrug again. 

      "Your day would be 'eh' too if you were on a seventeen hour flight. My bum and my neck are sore!" I complain. He laughs which makes it hard to keep my frown. I end up laughing with him and sigh. 

      "How's your day going?" I finally ask. He shrugs while shoving a spoonful of cereal. 

      "So far so good." The words are a bit muffled but I was still able to make out the words. He swallows his cereal, "If I'm being honest, way better now." I feel heat rush up to my cheeks at his words. Why does he have this effect on me? Not that it's a bad thing. I grab a pillow and cover my face and hear him laugh. "You're cute when you're embarrassed." I groan into the pillow. 

      "You're not making this any better!" I say loud enough for him to hear.

      "If I'm gonna be more honest," I uncover my face and watch him as he puts his bowl down. "I really, really, really like you, Emily." I smile as I feel my heart start beating faster. 

      "Awe, Jessie..." 

      "And not in a 'just friends' way." My grin can't get any more wide, but it somehow did. "And I would have made this more romantic if you were here," I giggle and he smiles as he continues. "But, Emily Marquez, would you make me the happiest man on earth and be the Wendy to my Peter Pan?" 

      Be Jessie's girlfriend? What about Niall? I've only known Jessie for a week for crying out loud! But what if Yomara is right? She told me that I had to face reality. Niall is a freaking superstar in the most famous band on the planet. And all the drama and hate that I would most likely get wouldn't be worth it. 

      And Jessie. He's so sweet and isn't in the eye at all. He actually cares about me and seems too kind-hearted to hurt me. Which is exactly why I said, "Yes."

Niall's Pov:

      "Yes."

      She said yes to him. He stole her from me. Why did he have to steal my girl? I have to win her back. But how?

------

[ Steal My Girl - One Direction ]

------

A/N:

Kachow

Ngl, I feel bad to have to make Niall heartbroken, but I promise that it will all be worth it in the end. 

#nemily or #essie?

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx