Chapter 16: This Town.

[ It's funny how things never change in this old town ]

---

      It is now the end of the first leg of tour. "Congrats, everyone." James claps. I smile and hug all of the boys. When Niall comes to hug next, we smile awkwardly at each other. 

      "You were great." I say. 

      "You were too." 

      "Thanks." 

      "Celebratory drinks on me!" Zayn shouts making everyone whoop.

      "Em, you in?" Suddenly all eyes are on me. 

      "Uh, no. I'll pass." 

      "Awe, what? C'mon! It's the end of part 1!" Louis says throwing his arm around me.

      "I can't. I have to go back to the hotel and pack." I say. 

      "Pack? You're tired of us already?" Harry pouts. 

      "Not tired, just going home." I reply. 

      "But you'll miss the photo shoots." Niall says. 

      "Someone is covering for me." I say to him. "But, it's only a couple weeks. I'll be back before you know I was gone." I assure. 

      "Group hug!" Liam says making all of the boys wrap me in a warm embrace. 

      "We'll miss you!" 

      "Don't forget us!" I smile lightly as we separate. Everyone goes, but Niall stays. 

      "I guess I'll see you when you get back." He says scratching the back of his neck. 

       I nod, "I guess so." I hate that ever since Japan, it's been so awkward that we can't even hug. 

      "I-I should be going." I stutter. 

      "Um, see you." He says. We turn and walk away from each other quickly.

---

      Home sweet home. I look around the airport in hopes of seeing Tia. A crowd of people walk away revealing Tia standing with Deidre. Once they spot me, they wave as I walk over. I hug Tia tightly, her familiar scent reminding me that I was finally home. "I missed you so much." I hear her say. We separate and I go onto Deidre who hugs the living life out of me. 

      "I've missed you so much, Emily." 

      "Jesus, Dee. I can barely breathe!" 

      She releases, "Hehe, sorry." She giggles throwing her arm across my shoulders. "Now tell me everything..."

      Four hours later, we've made it from Albuquerque to Lordsburg. I stare out the window as we pass by the familiar firework shop and under the highway bridge. We drive past the park and the supermarket that Gramma works at. The familiar 'Saucedo's Supermarket' lighting up the parking lot. 

      What I loved about Lordsburg was that it wasn't crowded. We never worried about traffic and we knew everyone in town. It was quiet unless a car accident happened on the highway or there was any gossip. 

      While being in my thoughts, I didn't even realize that we had arrived home. Gramma and Grampa walk out of the house with Haley and Allie walking out behind them. As soon as the car stops, I jump out of the car and run into their open arms. I hear them chuckle, "God, I missed you guys so much." I whisper, mostly to myself, but the way they hugged me tighter made me realize that they heard me. 

      When we release, I hug Allie tightly. "Emmy! You're home!" She exclaims. I scoop up Haley who squirms excitedly and begins licking me. 

      "Gramma was right, you did get a haircut." I giggle hugging her. 

      "We made your favorite. Red enchiladas with an egg on top." Gramma says as we walk into the house, I sigh as I feel at home right away. 

      "With beans?" I ask excitedly. 

      "With beans." Gramma confirms with a chuckle. 

      "But, we're going to wait a minute. Your Uncle Mario is coming." Tia says looking up from her phone. 

      I nod and take my bag, "No problem, I can wait." I say and walk around the bar and past the dining table and into my old bedroom. Just the same as I left it. I begin unpacking the things in my luggage into my dresser and place my now halfway empty luggage to the side. 

      Haley's barks and howls are heard when the door opens and Uncle Mario's familiar voice is present. "Hey." He says. 

      "Hey, Mario." A few whisper shouts are exchanged, making me wonder why. But I don't think too much about it. I finally remove my shoes and place them by my bed. I walk out and an unfamiliar man, who I swear I've seen before, stands next to Mario who goes pale when his eyes land on me. Is that a good thing? 

      "Hey, squirt!" Uncle Mario greets bringing me into a side hug. "How you doing?" Uncle Mario asks. 

      "I'm jet lagged." I respond. 

      "Oh, this is Jose. He's my brother." 

      "You have another brother?" I ask, him knowing what I meant. Jose nods frantically and Mario stutters a bit before answering. 

      "Uh, yep. Yes. Mhm." He finally answers. "He came down when I told him about your Gramma." He says. 

      I nod understanding. "It's very nice to meet you, Jose, I'm Emily." I say sticking out my hand. He hesitantly shakes my hand and a twinkle goes off in his eyes when he sees me smile. Uncle Mario nudges him before he snaps out of his thoughts. 

      "Come and eat!" Gramma says while bringing out the food with the help of Tia and Deidre. I missed home.

------

[ This Town - Niall Horan ]

------

A/N:

Okay, I know the enchiladas may sound weird, but let me explain.

These enchiladas that her family is having is the New Mexico state food. It's basically bean burritos with red chile over it and usually, you put an over easy or sunny-side up egg on top. The burritos can either have beans or cheese, if you have cheese, then you make beans on the side. I promise they are really good. I've grown up with them.

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx