three

"Wake up now Taeyong!" Doyoung shook his friend's arm until he woke up.

"Where am I?" Taeyong murmured drowsily. He blinked his eyes a few times and then realized he was in a SM van. "Oh yes, the fan meet."

Doyoung's eyes filled with concern. "Taeyong you've been acting strange lately; did you hit your head or something?"

"Actually Doyoung...." he started sarcastically. "I'm just tired again." He quickly recovered and smiled through the unbearable pain. 

Doyoung shrugged and then scrambled over Taeyong and Jaehyun for the car door. "Get off me!" Jaehyun protested while Taeyong tried to move the younger boy off of himself.

"Then get out of the car faster." Doyoung mocked Jaehyun's whiny tone. "We've got places to go, fans to meet!"

Taeyong rolled his eyes and then tapped Doyoung's shoulder. "Why did you have to annoy Jaehyun and me? Why couldn't you have gone through the other door?"

"Oh," Doyoung blushes sheepishly. "I forgot about that door, sorry Jaehyun."

Jaehyun muttered something under his breath and pushed Doyoung out the door onto the pavement. 

"Oh you little-"

"Doyoung," Taeyong interrupted just friend before he would say something he would regret. "Please stop." He put a foot out of the car and stepped over his dark haired friend to stand beside Jaehyun. "What if someone took a video?"

The younger member's eyes widened with concern and he immediately stood up and brushed himself off. "You know what Taeyong, you are so smart. I wouldn't want that on the internet! Thanks hyung!"

The boys made their way to the already crowded park filled with chairs and a long table on one end. Taeyong smiled weakly at all the excited Nctzens waving light sticks and banners.

All 21 members took their seats at the incredibly long table in front of the cheering fans. Ten made sure to sit right next to Taeyong and grabbed his hand. 

"What?" The leader scoffed and immediately regretted sounding so cold. 

Ten let go of the elder's hand, taken aback. Taeyong never gets mad at me like that. 

Before Taeyong could apologize, Haechan had started his speech. "Hello everyone! How are you all doing today?"

All the Nctzens called back with what they had been doing lately and how much they loved NCT. 

"That's great." Johnny grinned. "Well I hope you're all happy today~" Ten barely listened to what the other members were saying and looked at Taeyong through the corner of his eye. His usually quiet friend was speaking less than normal, a frown on his beautiful face.

Taeyong stared at the audience, disappointed with himself. You're being selfish Taeyong! At least try to look happy. He smiled but immediately dropped it. Taeyong knew it came off as fake but he couldn't help it. His head was throbbing and his heart cracking as he couldn't stand ignoring Ten. Stop being petty! This is all such a big problem and it's all your fault Taeyong! Stop pretending your best friend isn't sitting right next to you! He glanced at Ten, also fake smiling but much better at it than him. Ten was probably aware he was being ignored. 

Before he knew what was happening, the Nctzens were lining up to meet and greet with the members. Taeyong slightly jumped when a little girl popped up in front of him without him realizing. 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" The girl smiled and blushed. She played with her skirt and looked at Taeyong with awe filled eyes. "I got you a Isabelle plush!" She set a cute plush of the yellow puppy Isabelle from the game Animal Crossing on the table. 

"Wow thank you!" Taeyong smiled. He genuinely loved the plush and though the girl was so cute. She had to be only 10 or 11. "I'll cherish it forever." He knew it sounded fake but he couldn't let his fans down. "Your hair is very pretty by the way."

The Nctzen blushed more profoundly and tugged her skirt more. "Thank you." She mumbled shyly and moved on to Yuta who was on the other side of Taeyong.

He continued to greet every one of the Nctzens with a fake smile. He cursed himself every time he did. You're better than this Taeyong! You're not a fake idol who doesn't care about their fans. I love them with every bone in my body! 

He knew some of the older fans could tell he was forcing the cheer. One girl around his age was  very wary with him but extremely talkative with Ten and Yuta. It hurt Taeyong to see his friends, no, his family drifting away from him. 

When the meeting was over, their manager told them they were having dinner at a local ramen restaurant. The others, especially Jungwoo, who held the potato for being the member who liked to eat the most, were excited. Taeyong on the other hand just wasn't. 

He hauled himself into the car and turned to face the window. It had started to rain. He counted the rain drops as they fell down the car window. One, two, three, four............

For the millionth time he fell asleep, this time nightmares plaguing his unconsciousness. 

_____________________________

Hello! This is MYBLiNKArMY, I hope you enjoyed the chapter whether this is your first or second time reading it! 

I'm sorry it's taking me so long to rewrite this stuff, it's just difficult. Anyways I hope you guys are having a wonderful day! 

Also please go read the teaser of my new book called Blind Date! It is a Nomin fanfic and after I rewrite all these chapters and update Crying, I will start that book! 

Good day friends!

✨MYBLiNKArMY✨