fourteen

*Daytime Realm*

The hospital was mostly quiet. Ten sat with the other Wayv members waiting to go and visit their leader Taeyong.

Ten tapped his foot, worried. He was completely terrified of how Taeyong was. What was his condition?

Why the hell was he out by himself? How could he have been so careless to have been hit by a car? Would he even survive? Fuck, I don't even know if he's conscious!

Kun grabbed Ten's hand and gave him a reassuring look. "I'm sure he's going to be okay Ten, he is a survivor. When has he ever let us down?"

Ten nodded unsure and looked at his sneakers. "Yeah, yeah, he's a survi....." Ten didn't finish his sentence for tears began to fall from his eyes. He cried silently with only Kun to comfort him.

He cried until the Dreamies exited the hospital room, telling the Wayv members that they could visit Taeyong. Kun helped Ten stand up. Ten was weak from crying and shook from the event all together. The nurse stood by the open door, beckoning the boys to come inside.

The seven boys came into the small, brightly lit room. As soon as he entered, Ten started to shed tears again.

Taeyong was laying on the hospital bed, unconscious. Many different tubes were hooked up to him, an oxygen mask on his perfect face that now looked pale and lifeless. He breathed very slowly and deeply, his red hair on the pillow.

"Taeyong!" Ten yelped when he saw his friend. "Don't die please! I can't loose you!" He paused and grabbed his friend's hand. "I love you too much!" No body said a word, the beeping on the heart rate monitor filling the silence reminding them Taeyong could die at any moment.

The nurse tapped Ten on the shoulder. "Sir I'm sure you know that he's in a coma. I'm sorry for all of you but you cannot touch him." She took Ten's hand off Taeyong casually. "We're doing the best we can for him-"

"What do you mean coma? A fucking coma?! People don't wake up from those, god dammit!" Ten screamed at her, grief taking over him. "I LOVE him! And he's gone! You say it like it's no big deal! 'Oh he's just in a coma', that's a big fucking deal! So I swear to god that you better take good fucking care of him because if you don't I will come for you and I will kill you....." Ten cussed out the nurse who seemed taken aback. Dejun and Yukhei grabbed him and attempted to pull him from the room. Eventually other staff came and tried to control Ten. He was driven mad by sadness. The thought of losing his lover seemed too much for him to handle.

"Sir please calm down." 

"Please sir, stop screaming."

"You're disturbing the other patients."

The hospital staff tried with no avail to calm down the screeching Ten. A crowd of patients, visitors, and staff had begun to gather to watch. Swiftly Yangyang shooed them away and the other Wayv members dragged Ten out of the building onto the street. When they got there the members gathered around him.

"What was that?" Kun asked, crossing his arms, clearly annoyed. 

Sicheng sighed. "I don't blame him. I mean if Yuta was lying there this close to death, I would have flipped out......."

Ten wasn't listening to his friends' words. He was in his own little world. He didn't hear anything else but Taeyong's voice. The voice that had often yelled at him. Ten cursed himself. Why had he been so stupid to always pick fights with Taeyong? He had been so petty and selfish and now Taeyong was gone. Forever.

"I'm sorry." Ten chocked out between sobs. He stood up shakily from where he crouched on the sidewalk and took in a gulp of fresh air. "Let's go home."

The Wayv members helped their heartbroken friend to the van and set off to the nearby dorms. Yangyang sat next to his hyung and hugged his long arms around him.

"I'm so sorry Ten. I really didn't think something like this would ever occur. I thought it only happened in movies."

Ten peered through the window, not daring to look at Yangyang or anyone else. He remained quiet while the others tried, unsuccessfully to cheer him up and comfort him. 

Finally after Dejun said his words of sympathy, Ten broke in. 

"Guys I appreciate your empathy and stuff, but you shouldn't be like this to me. You'll miss him too. Just because I saw him as a little more than a friend doesn't mean I need special apologies. You should be allowed to grieve." 

The others slowly nodded in agreement and turned to themselves. All seven boys broke down in the car. Kun tried to cry silently and act like the leader they needed in these times while their real leader was absent. Sicheng played with his fingers and pouted. Yukhei sobbed loudly, not caring what anyone else thought of him. Dejun had tears streaming across his face but no sound coming from his mouth. Hendery and Yangyang cried together, Yangyang's face buried in Hendery's shoulder, his sobs coming out in muffled gasps.

But Ten didn't weep anymore. He sat with his legs pulled up so he could put his face in his knees. He closed his eyes and imagined what it would have happened if he had been kinder to Taeyong.

"I love you and I hope you're in Heaven." Ten whispered. With that he pulled a small device from his pocket.

A music box. The matching one he made for himself, identical to Taeyong's . He thought it would be cute if they had the same tiny music box. A couples gift, even if they weren't technically a couple. He spun it around and watched the people dance. The two people had nothing to worry about. They just danced together without a care in the world; happy, forever. 

"I wish we could be as happy as you two are." Ten replayed the music box over and over and over until they got to the dorms.

In his room he played the music box until he fell into a deep sleep.

*Nightmare Realm*

*??? Perspective*

I ran a hand through my hair and smiled at myself in the mirror. Soon I would be the normal one, without this stupid scar. And my other half would get to suffer the pain I'd endured these long years. 

I deserve love. Even if I am the dark half.

_________________________________

Hello it's your friendly Wattpad idiot! ✌️I just wanted to apologize for this chapter because it was literal garbage...

But anyways give this book some votes and reads (despite it being terrible) and please leave comments. I love reading the comments and seeing what you guys have to say!

Also check out the teaser for Blind Date! and my dark one shot book!

I love you guys so much and thanks for the endless support on Crying!

MYBLiNKArMY