seven

"Okay folks!" Haechan tapped his finger pointer that teachers use in classrooms on the whiteboard in front of him. "We have just witnessed the event of the century!"

The Dreamies gathered around a whiteboard with multicolored notes scribbled on it. 

"Taeyong dissed our pal Jaehyun." The Dreamies gasped in shock though they already knew this had occurred. You could say they strive to be chaotic and extra. "Why?" Haechan continued. "Well, it's simple really. Jisung come up here." 

The maknae grabbed a red pen and doodled on the board. "Ten tried to kill me but accidentally almost murdered Taeyong too. Taeyong snapped at both of us for being careless when we argued and even though he says he's not injured, I think he is."

Chenle spoke up. "So are you saying that Ten and Taeyong like like each other?" 

"Precisely." Haechan clapped his hands together. "They're each others missing puzzle piece!"

"Bummer! I love Jaeyong!" Chenle pouted.

"You know what, get out." Renjun hit Chenle. "Here in this household we only ship Taeten! If you disagree-"

"Okay okay!" The meeting was called back to order.

"Our missions," Haechan began. "Are simple. This is Mission: Get Taeten to Hook Up!"

"What does hook up mean?" Jisung blinked innocently.

Renjun laughed nervously and tapped Haechan on the shoulder. "He means Mission; Get Taeten Together! That's exactly what he means, right Haechan?" 

Haechan rolled his eyes and continued. "Renjun and Chenle will keep an eye on Jaehyun. Don't let him put so much as a finger on Taeyong. Get all the info out of him. Find out if he truly loves our hyung or if he's just thirsty." Jaemin cracked up.

"I don't get it..." Chenle sighed. 

"Good!" Jaemin continued to laugh.

"Anyways," the lead Dreamie went on. "Jisung and Jaemin I want you to focus on Ten. The Romeo of this story. The one we ship the one we love. Find out his feelings and report back with your findings. Now this is important that you don't fudge the details. As an esteemed matchmaker," the others giggled at Haechan who gave them a dirty look. "I want to make sure Jeno and I focus on Juliet."

"Juliet?" Jeno asked quizzically. 

"Taeyong I mean! Jeez, do you guys even read?" Haechan hissed through clenched teeth. "We will focus on the center of this story. The protagonist of the soap opera. The princess of the fairy tale. The-"

"We get it!" Renjun and Jaemin shouted. 

The meeting continued for only a little while. It mostly consisted of screaming, arguing, and crying but somehow they figured out a plan to get Taeyong and Ten together. At the end, the Dreamies went to sleep vowing the next day their scheme would commence. 

☁️☁️☁️

The next morning the Dreamies were more than ready to put their plan into action. Renjun and Chenle grabbed their loaded Nerf guns (just in case things got out of hand) and headed to Jaehyun's room which he just so happened to share with Taeyong. Jisung and Jaemin planted themselves outside Ten's door and listened intently. Finally Jeno and Haechan went downstairs to make breakfast.

Renjun tiptoed down the hall until he made it to Jae and Tae's room. He listened at the door. "No sounds of making out." He reported. 

"Okay sir!" Chenle scribbled the note into his composition notebook. "What does that even mean?..." he whispered to himself.