eight

Taeyong rolled over lazily and glanced at the alarm clock. 0:00. He blinked slowly and groaned, annoyed and slightly frightened. He turned back over to face Ten. Not the real Ten but the nightmare version of his best friend. Well, Taeyong didn't even know if they were friends anymore. 

Taeyong knew well he was dreaming but what he didn't know was how to wake. Before he could think any longer, Ten stirred and sat up.

"Hey beautiful," he purred seductively into Taeyong's ear and stroked his face. "Good morning."

The sun wasn't up yet but Taeyong assumed if there was no time then the sun never rose in his nightmare. "Hello, hello Ten..." he mumbled. 

Ten kissed him softly on his nape and got off the bed. Taeyong shifted so that he didn't have to see Ten's naked body. He tried to block out the images of Ten getting dressed. He didn't want to have anything to do with this nightmare. 

"I'm going to make us something to eat okay darling?" Nightmare Ten stopped in the doorway and turned around. Taeyong peered over his shoulder. Ten wore no shirt and just a loose pair of jeans. Instead of his lips, he has the god awful stitch over his face. "Maybe we can play more later?" Taeyong squirmed uncomfortably when he talked. The stitching over his mouth opened when he spoke, slowly separating the two parts to create a devilish grin. 

Taeyong shivered knowing that his mouth looked the same way. He sat up and brushed his red hair with his finger and walked towards the mirror on the wall. He stared at his reflection. Bright eyes. Dyed hair. Sharp jawline. Everything was the same except his mouth. It was too stitched up like a doll's. He gathered the courage to say something.

"You aren't Taeyong." He jumped back in alarm, seeing his scar move. Though he had seen the nightmare of Ten talk this way he was utterly disgusted seeing someone that looked like himself do it.

He shook his head and grabbed the pants that were on the floor. He slipped them on and took what he assumed to be his shirt up off the ground.

He propped the door open shyly and peered up and down the hallway. He did a double take and realized the house was mirrored. Everything on the left side in the real world was on the right side in his nightmare. Though the nightmare was terrible, it was pretty damn detailed!

Taeyong crept down the staircase (now right of his room) and went to the mirrored kitchen. He slowly turned the knob and found Nightmare Ten humming to a song coming from the glitchy radio. "Hi....." Taeyong whispered.

Ten faced Taeyong and smiled evilly. "Hi hyungie!"  He paced over and pet Taeyong's hair. "You are very pretty, did anyone ever tell you that? Why put a shirt on? You're hiding those beautiful abs-"

"Hands off of me!" Taeyong threw Ten's hand down. "This is MY nightmare. You're not real. You don't touch me."

Ten looked baffled and shrugged. "This isn't really a nightmare anymore dear. This is reality. Haven't you heard sayings about nightmares?"

Taeyong sat down at the same counter in his real kitchen and shook his head. "Enlighten me."

Ten grabbed a dish from the cabinet and plated some food. He set it down in front of the red haired boy. "'It's hard to wake up from a nightmare if you aren't even asleep.' Someone named J.S. Pretty, don't you think?"

Taeyong stared at the demon his brain had created. "No I don't think so."

Ten rolled his eyes and grabbed a fork. "Eat."

Taeyong would have refused if his stomach hadn't growled so loud. Reluctantly he took a fork and stabbed the waffle. He took a bite and chewed slowly. He figured if it was poisoned, he couldn't die. It was a just a dream, right? The waffle was decent. Taeyong thought it was pretty good but tried not to let Ten see he was content.

"It's delicious isn't it baby?" Ten smirked, fork in his mouth. "I like things that are soft and squishy in my mouth. Like a song I like called Baby Don't Stop."

Taeyong choked on his bite of waffle and slammed his hand on the table. "Baby? Don't? Stop?"

"Yeah, Baby Don't Stop. NCT U. It's really catchy. I think dayworld me and you sing it together."

Taeyong froze not knowing what to say. Dayworld me? He questioned. What does that even mean? 

Before Taeyong could ask any questions, Ten spoke. "Ay! What do you want to do today?" He licked his scarred lips. "Want to go shopping or just hang out in bed?" 

Taeyong still shocked didn't respond. He clenched his fist and stared daggers at Ten. "Where the hell am I? Who are you? How do I get out of here?"

Ten sighed in disappointment and chewed. He swallowed and looked at his hands. To Taeyong's surprise he answered seriously. "Where are you? This is reality. You sometimes live with me. At night when you sleep you travel here in your dreams. Everyday you wake up, I'm left alone. Who am I? I'm your boyfriend. You love me, I love you. How do you get out? You don't. Unless you figure out how to not need sleep." Ten chuckled at the last part.

Taeyong blinked twice and grabbed Ten's arm. "I don't love you." He stood up and exited to kitchen. Ten didn't follow him. He turned down the hall to the front foyer. Everything was the same but mirrored like the rest of the house. It had a darker feel but was still slightly colorful. He traced a picture on the wall with his pointer finger. At home it was a picture of all the NCT members together. In his nightmare it was just him and Ten, looking very intimidating with the scars over their mouths.

"This isn't real." Taeyong reminded himself. "It's fake." He felt the stitches separating when he talked. "This is some dream Lee Taeyong. I didn't know even my twisted brain could come up with this monstrosity."

He opened the door and took a deep breath in the fresh air of the darkness. He made out a pair of boys walking across the bust road. Taeyong took a step outside to look around but as soon as his shoe hit the concrete, Nightmare Ten appeared behind him and took his hand.

"I don't think so my love." He bit his lip and pecked Taeyong's cheek. "You stay inside. You're an indoor pet."

Taeyong willed himself to wake up as Ten dragged him back into the mirrored house of horror. 

____________________________

AY! Hello friend! Your smile makes me heart go dumhdurrum! Yes I stan Apink. Anyways I hope you enjoyed. I am busting myself to rewrite these chapters. I'd like to thanks Grazy Grace for giving me hours of happiness. I love her so much and have listened to Zombie High about 100 times!!!

Also please follow my best friends:

Ashinwolf

snazzball

donteatmy_bread

And finally:

Kazuhiko-kun

Thanks for always supporting me!

MYBLiNKArMY✨