six

"Who's ready for VLive?" Johnny sang as he grabbed his phone off the counter. NCT 127 was going to be live streaming for their Nctzens. As always, Johnny was super pumped up to be doing it. He fixed his hair in the mirror and plopped down on the couch where the other 127s were already sitting. 

"I'm ready as I'll ever be." Jungwoo chirped and giggled sweetly. 

"Let's just do the damn thing already." Doyoung grumbled. "I'm tired!"

Jaehyun grabbed Taeyong's hand. "I'm ready!" Taeyong merely glanced at him in confusion. Jaehyun had never been super lovey-dovey with the members. Sure he liked the younger's company but it felt odd. 

Taeyong shifted his hand slightly towards himself but Jaehyun didn't seem to notice. Finally he released himself from his friend's grasp. He looked at the younger member's face which had fallen to a frown. Taeyong immediately felt bad and set his hand on top of Jaehyun's.  

"Better now?" Taeyong forced out of his mouth. 

Jaehyun smiled once again. "Yes hyungie!" 

Taeyong grimaced at the nickname Ten usually called him and silently prayed his friend hadn't been spying and seen them. While the two boys had been talking, Johnny had set up the VLive. He tapped the start button and sat back while the Nctzens entered the live via the comment section. 

"Hello guys!" Mark cheered excitedly. The comments blew up with hearts, messages, and even a few marriage proposals. The button on the right side of the screen exploded with multicolored, multi-sized hearts. 

The rest of the boys causally said hello and asked everyone a few questions. Finally it was Taeyong's turn. 

"Hi guys!" Taeyong smiled and waved at the phone. He noticed the hearts weren't as plentiful for him but he didn't mind. As long as the Nctzens were happy, he was happy. "It's Taeyong! How are you all doing?" He switched his view to the comments which unlike the hearts were blowing up. "I'll read some comments now." 

He grabbed the phone like the others had when they read the comments. The first one he saw was 'Don't Taeyongie!'

He cocked his head to the side and scrolled up. What he saw shocked him. Taeyong couldn't help but gape at the nasty comments.

Go to hell! Why were you so rude?!

Didn't you guys hear; he doesn't actually care about us?

Thanks for nothing! 🖕

God, he's so fake it's painful 😒

ot20 from now on...you're so stuck up

I can't believe I used to have crush on you....🤢

At least try to act happy. You look miserable all the time yet you have everything you could ask for. 😠Spoiled brat.

Taeyong's eyes widened as he read more and more comments. He couldn't believe what some of the Nctzens were saying about him! He handed the phone back to Johnny who put it on the table in front of them. He shot Taeyong a quizzical look and shrugged.

The VLive went on as usual, talking, reading comments (all positive unless directed at Taeyong), and playing games. Taeyong didn't really talk much during the live, his head full of thoughts. He realized why the girls had been so rude earlier. I'm just sad! Why don't they understand? I'm trying hard here!

No one noticed Taeyong as he usually was pretty quiet. He sat in the back with Jaehyun holding his hand. He never once looked away from the comment section. Sure there were many Nctzens supporting him, which he was extremely thankful for. The negativity from the toxic fake fans seemed to have made a straight path to Taeyong and were traveling from the device to the boy.

"Well thank you for tuning in! This was Haechan Cam with a 37.5% Viewer Rating!" Donghyuck snatched the phone and yelled 'bye' while the others fought him to see the end of the live. 

"I love the Nctzens!" Taeil blushed. "They're so loving and kind." 

Taeyong snorted in disbelief, obviously a little too loud for everyone turned to look at him. He turned as red as his hair and looked at his hands. "I-I mean, they're, they're more than just kind...they're fantastic and beautiful and just,just my life purpose..." he feebly recovered. 

The others, so naive, bought it. Everyone left the room to either sleep, eat, or hand out together. Taeyong and Jaehyun were left alone together on the couch.

"I'm guessing you're not okay." Jaehyun stated and positioned himself so he cradled Taeyong in his arms. "Your face fell as soon as you said hello."

"Thanks for noticing Jaehyun but I'm fine. I just read a negative comment, that's all." He tried to get up to leave.

"Wait!" Jaehyun grabbed his wrist. "Do you want to um......" he paused. "Watch a movie? We can have popcorn and snuggle together?"

"I'm okay thanks." Taeyong spit a reply a little too quickly. Disappointment filled his friend's eyes. "I have work to finish. Maybe another time." Taeyong apologized, genuinely feeling bad. He leaned down so that he was within inches of Jaehyun's beautiful lips. "Goodnight Jae."

"Goodnight." Jaehyun leaned forward but before he could plant a kiss on the elder's lips, Taeyong pulled away. Jaehyun sighed and grabbed the remote control. Why don't you love me the way love you Lee Taeyong?

☁️☁️☁️

The Dreamies, minus Haechan ran back to Renjun's room giggling.

"They were going to kiss!" Jaemin shrieked.

"Like it would have been so gay!" Jeno whispered shouted. Jaemin slapped him and Jeno pouted. 

"You know," Chenle started. "I've always shipped Jaeyong." 

Jisung scoffed and hit Chenle's shoulder. "What the heck do you mean? TaeTen is superior!"

Renjun massaged his temples and whispered to himself; "My God, our life is a soap opera." 

The Dreamies continued to gossip about the Jaehyun x Taeyong drama late into the night, not aware that a certain red haired boy could hear every single word they were saying. 

__________________________

Hello beautiful! Aish, this chapter was a little all over the place. I'm beginning to incorporate some Jaeyong stuff because I'm the author and I can! But I'm completely with Jisung when I say TaeTen is superior. Fight me if you say otherwise 😅

Also understand most Nctzens would never be so rude to NCT, it's just part of the story. And if you are this rude to one of the NCT members or any idols for that matter, just leave my page. I don't like toxic fans.....

Welp I'm off!

✨MYBLiNKArMY✨