twenty five

*Nightmare Realm* 

Mark and Taeyong leaped over the old musty cardboard boxes in the alleyway, flying through puddles of murky rainwater. Rain splattered down onto their faces, soaking them in water and sweat. The two has never run so fast before.

Taeyong panted heavily as they dashed away from Nightmare Ten. He would have killed them if they hadn't acted fast. He killed Nightmare Jeno which Taeyong had learned would mean the end of his Jeno too. Taeyong hissed as tears flew off his cheeks but ignored it and tried to keep pace with Mark.

Mark was in shock. He knew Ten was a bad dude but he never knew he would stab someone to death! He huffed, thoughts dancing in his brain. Was this the Taeyong he had once known or a newcomer from a strange  land? The boy Ten has murdered, why had Taeyong known him so well? Why would he, Mark Lee, even believe this new Taeyong? Or whoever he is.....

The two boys had raced all the way to another trashy alleyway in the city far away from Ten's house but not close to Mark's. They were in the middle of the dark sketchy city just the two of them. They stopped to rest when the realized that Nightmare Ten hadn't followed them.

Taeyong bent down and put his hands on his knees. Mark put his hands on his head and both of them huffed out ragged breathes of air. 

"How, huff, did you know, huff, that Ten would hurt us?" Mark panted. 

Taeyong looked up, sweat dripping from his brow. "I could tell. Huff, he, huff, he stabbed that boy, Jeno, and huff, he would hurt us too if we didn't run." 

Mark shook his head and paced around a bit. "He's fucking crazy."

"Yeah." Taeyong nodded, crouching down. "Fucking crazy is right." 

Silence filled the alleyway as the boys didn't talk anymore. There was nothing to say. They felt very uneasy and awkward around each other not knowing if the other one would betray them. Suddenly a metal can bounced towards Taeyong and hit his sneaker.

"Did you kick that?" Taeyong asked, staring at the empty soda can. 

Mark's eyes widened, the way a cat's do when they see something. "No...." he answered, voice shaking.

Taeyong stood up and hurriedly glanced around. "We're not alone Mark." 

Dead silence. Whoever had kicked the soda can towards them had heard them talking. Who was it? What did they want with two random boys? 

Taeyong jumped to his feet and Mark steadied himself. They were defenseless, unarmed, and possibly outnumbered. They were terrified by the possibilities and how this could end up.

"Don't worry!" A familiar voice called out. "It's only me! I won't hurt you!"

"Yuta?" Taeyong questioned when he saw the familiar face of the Japanese boy. "Yuta! Mark it's okay, I think I know this guy."

Mark raised an eyebrow. "But he's from this world isn't he? How can you know him?" Mark made a valid point.

"Oh I'm not dangerous. I don't know what you mean by 'this world' but I'm friendly. See?" He hopped over to Mark and pecked him on the cheek. Mark threw up his hands to defend himself but was too late. Yuta has already kissed him. 

Taeyong stifled a laugh at the sight of the two Nightmare versions of his friends. Mark and Yuta, he thought. He missed them. At least he met these two. They weren't really Mark and Yuta but they were someone. 

"So you won't hurt us?" Taeyong tried, taking a step back.

"Oh no no no!" Yuta gasped. "I would never dream of it. I didn't mean to scare you either. I was eavesdropping and then I tripped over a can." He hummed. "Why were you running? You guys looked pretty scared." 

Mark bit his lip. "Can we trust him?" He looked at the red haired boy for an answer.

Taeyong shrugged. "Why not?"

Yuta grinned his cute little grin (unfortunately less cute since his scar twisted it into a horrifying evil smile) and made a tiny "woop woop" noise.

Taeyong exhaled and began to speak. "We were running from someone. We were running from Ten because......."

After a couple minutes of explaining everything to Yuta's Nightmare version Taeyong had finally finished. Yuta's mouth hung open and he nodded slowly. He was shocked by the news of another world and everything else.

"So there's another world of people just like us, minus the scars, and you're from there? You came here and Ten is a bad guy and he said you're in a coma and-"

"Yes god can we move on?" Mark groaned.

"Sorry Mark." Yuta clucked his tongue. "I guess I'm just a little confused by this other world I have another version of me living in!" 

"Guys!" Taeyong pushed the two boys apart. "Don't fight! It'll all blow over soon. Once I leave you can go back to a normal life."

"How will you get back?" Yuta asked crossing his arms. 

Taeyong snuck a glance at Mark. "I actually don't know. Mark is helping me figure out the possible ways to return to the other realm but we don't actually know anything for sure."

"Can I help too?" Yuta blurted our of the blue. 

"You would do that?" Taeyong scoffed, sounding sarcastic but was truly grateful.

"Hell yeah! I'll do it! Sounds exciting anyways." Yuta babbled on. "You're my friend. Even though we just met I feel like I can trust you."

"We can trust you too, right?" Taeyong laughed grabbing Yuta's hand. 

Yuta's scar stretched out when he smiled. "You can trust me!" He sang.

"Well then," Mark concluded. "Let's get Taeyong home. I have some other friends I think can help."

"Doyoung and Johnny?" Taeyong guessed recalling the night he spent at Mark's apartment. 

Mark nodded, his hair bouncing up and down. "And another friend. His name is Taeil. He's going to university. So I guess he's smart....."

Yuta chuckled at the joke. "Going to university doesn't make you smart Mark Lee. I'm smart and I dropped out of school in junior year!"

Mark grumbled under his breath and frowned. He didn't like Yuta. He found him quite annoying. 

"Alright then," Taeyong pat Mark on the back, noticing his distaste for their new friend. "Let's go meet with Taeil."

__________________________

Yo I'm back! And Yuta is here too now! Yay! Yuta is just a little sweetie and I love him so much! He's so cute!!!!!💖💖

I hope the book is entertaining and not boring. Let's get to 1k reads! You guys are so amazing I love you so much ❤️

Bye bye! 

✨MYBLiNKArMY✨