thirty

*Nightmare Realm*

Taeyong assumed night had fallen over the realm for all the boys were getting ready to sleep. Taeyong didn't know how they knew the time for it was always dark and the clocks read 0:00. 

"Alright!" Mark called to everyone. "Sleeping arrangements!" 

"Ah yes...." Doyoung flipped off the TV which was showing staticky versions of kpop M/Vs. 

"So like I don't want to be a bother but..." Yuta tapped his nails on the coffee table. 

"Then leave." Taeyong could have sworn he heard Mark mutter under his breath. 

"Taeil, Yuta, Taeyong, one of you could sleep on the couch and two on the floor or if you were comfortable sharing a bed?"

"Oh yeah!" Yuta snuggled up to Nightmare Mark who looked very irritated with the boy. "I'll share a bed with Mark." 

"Or!" Taeyong broke in, trying to keep the peace between the Nightmare versions of his friends. "Or Yuta we could sleep on the floor?" 

Taeil nodded. "I'll sleep on the floor." 

"Fine." Yuta grumbled. "I'll sleep on the couch. Without Mark..." he finished by signing wistfully. 

Taeyong couldn't help but roll his eyes at Nightmare Yuta. Very dramatic. 

After everything had died down, Taeyong and Taeil laid down on the blankets Johnny had set down for them. Yuta was still in the bathroom getting washed up. 

"Ah..." Taeil stretched his arms over his head. "Taeyong, you're cool." 

Taeyong yawned in response. "Really? Well, I mean thanks Taeil. You're cool too." 

"Ha! I'm not the one from another world, practically risking my life everyday for my boyfriend isolated from me. You're really brave." 

Taeyong bit his lip. Now that Taeil put it like that, it seemed like a more impressive feat than before. Maybe Taeyong should believe in himself more.

"I may be risking my life on the daily but I'm still terrified 24/7." The two laughed together for a while until Yuta finally came from the bathroom to sleep. 

"Goodnight Yuta." Taeyong whispered.

"Goodnight!" Yuta chirped back and Taeyong fell asleep. 

☁️☁️☁️

"Oh my god!" 

Taeyong flew off the floor and went running. The sounds of Doyoung, Johnny, and Mark leaping out of bed were heard from the other rooms.

"Oh my god!" Yuta screamed again. "He's dead! He's dead!" 

"What do you mean?" Mark panicked and shook Yuta. The Japanese boy pointed a shaking finger into the kitchen. Sure enough, on the tiled floor was Taeil's lifeless body. 

"What happened?" Doyoung cried, trying to keep his cool but failing. 

Johnny pushed back his hair and let a tear fall from his eyes. Taeyong held his heart knowing that if this Taeil was dead, that means his Taeil was gone too.....

"I don't know!" Yuta screamed. "I was getting a drink of water and tripped over something, or someone. How could this have happened?" 

Mark's eyes hardened, swimming with tears. "Someone killed him." Mark stated, dead serious.