thirty three

⚠️THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SUICIDAL CONCEPTS. IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE READING PLEASE REFRAIN FROM AND SKIP TO MY A/N FOR A BREIF SUMMARY OF THE CHAPTER. THANK YOU!⚠️

*Daytime Realm*

Renjun was sick of it. Of the strange texts. Of the negativity that engulfed the NCT dorms. And of everything! No one was happy, nothing was the same and Renjun realized things would never ever go back to normal. Never. 

Renjun sat on his bed, wrapped up in the blankets scrolling through Instagram. Not even looking at pictures of all those cats he followed made him feel better! 

"Ah" Renjun groaned and set his phone on the bedside table. It was already 11:45. Maybe I'll go go bed early tonight

Ding!

Renjun tensed up when he heard the sickening ding of his messages from his lit up phone. A bead of sweat dripped from his brow as he held out a shaking hand to grab it. He heaved himself up and unlocked the device. Sure enough a message from the unknown number resides in his texts. 

Unknown: Go downstairs. 

Renjun weighed the options of going down. There could be a murderer waiting to kill him for all he knew. Instead he responded. 

Renjun: Why? 

Unknown: Go to the kitchen.

Renjun: I don't trust you why should I?

Unknown: Go to the kitchen. Go to the kitchen. Go to the kitchen. Go to the kitchen. 

"Fine!" Fed up, Renjun hopped out of bed and went down the staircase. To the kitchen. Where he didn't know what was waiting for him.

Renjun shook with worry. Anything could be behind the kitchen door. He prayed he would make it out alive. Renjun took a deep breath, pushed open the door, and peeked inside. Nothing suspicious yet. 

"Is this what you wanted? To get me down here alone so you can kill me?" Renjun heard his phone ding in response. 

Unknown: Go around the kitchen island. 

He felt a sickening sensation wash over him. What could this unknown person mean? What was behind the island? Renjun shook his head and took a cautious step forward. And he took another and another until he could glance right around. 

And he did look behind the island. 

And he found the body. 

Yangyang's body. Blood pooled under him on the floor, staining the white tile underfoot. His eyes had rolled back in his head, making him look unlike himself. His mouth was open in a little oh, probably shocked from being stabbed in the stomach. The weapon was no where to be found. 

"Oh no..." Renjun felt tears begin to prickle in his eyes and stream down his face. "Not again!" 

☁️☁️☁️

Ten hurried across the street glancing around to make sure it was safe to cross. He was on a mission. He knew it was risky but it was worth it. You see, Ten had figured everything out. The members didn't believe him, they called his insane but he stuck with his theories. He needed to be reunited with Taeyong. 

The only way to do that was to enter the Nightmare Realm. 

Ten fiddled with his necklace while he paced towards his destination. The Incheon Bridge. (A/N I've never been to South Korea so I just chose a bridge I've heard of. Is this a famous bridge? Can people walk on it?)