twenty six

*Daytime Realm*

SM was worried. The members of NCT had been through a lot in the past couple weeks. What with Taeyong going into a coma, along with the Dream member Jeno. SM had noticed the toll their medical emergencies had taken on the members, especially their closet friends Ten and Jaemin. He had to do something.

NCT 127 had a comeback scheduled in a week. Dream had one in three weeks. Wayv has one next month. SM mulled it over and decided those comebacks would not occur.

SM made the choice of the fate of NCT.

☁️☁️☁️

Renjun played with his pop socket. He had been getting more and more texts from the strange number claiming ridiculous things even he didn't know about his members. Also things only he knew about himself. How did this number know he was afraid of spiders?

"RENJUN!" Jisung screeched from downstairs, not even using formalities. Renjun 'ughed' at the maknae who never cared to use formalities.

Renjun dragged himself out from his comfortable bed and bringing his phone with him to meet Jisung. 

"Yo!" Jisung flashed a smirk when he saw Renjun. "I thought we should play a board game; you know a little elder brother younger brother bonding time?"

Renjun's heart melted. Jisung's was the sweetest kid a person could ask for. He was so cute and adorable not to mention compassionate and selfless. 

"Sure!" Renjun happily agreed, setting his phone on the table while Jisung dug through the cabinet of games the NCT members never actually played. 

Ding! 

Renjun glanced at the message he got. From the strange number. Jisung was still in the living room so he decided to sneak a quick peek at it. 

Unknown: I know you have a crush on Jeno. 

Renjun's mouth dropped open. 

Unknown: I know you're jealous of Jaemin. Green eyes doesn't suit you Renjun. 

Renjun tried to make a noise but he couldn't. He had NEVER told a soul any of this. How had this unknown person known he had a crush on Jeno? 

"Alright let's play Sorry.....Renjun?" Jisung's face fell when he saw his member. Renjun's eyes were wide with terror and tears fell from them.

"Renjun! Oh my cheese crackers! Are you crying? What happened? Did I say something-"

Before Renjun could reassure the maknae he hadn't done anything wrong the doorbell rang. 

"Who could that be?" The boys chorused. 

"I got it!" A voice was heard from upstairs and someone came running down the steps. "I got it!" Kun huffed. "The CEO called me. He wants everyone to just sit in the living room; he's got an announcement. Can you two useless beans round up everyone?"

"I am not a useless bean you hmpfhlm!" Renjun covered Jisung's mouth before he talked back to Kun mom and dragged him away. 

Kun took a deep breath, calming himself down praying his heart rate would slow down. He had no idea what kind of news their CEO had. It could be wonderful. It could be horrible. It could shatter Ten or Jaemin or all of their hearts.

  "Ah Kun, nice to see yo u!" Their CEO shook hands with the Wayv member when Kun let him inside. 

"Yes sir. Nice to see you too. The other members are in the sitting room as you suggested they should be."

"Oh don't look so worried Kun." Kun lightened up a bit. "The news isn't as bad as you think it will be."

"Is it good?" He blinked, brushing blue hair out of his wide eyes.

"Just not terrible. Not bad but not what I would call ideal."

Kunfused, Kun nodded and led their CEO to the living/sitting room where miraculously Renjun and Jisung had been able to huddle everyone in in such a short amount of time. The members were on edge, especially Ten and Jaemin. Ten was biting his nails and Jaemin was rocking back and forth on the floor knees in his arms. 

"Hello NCT." The CEO projected his voice so that the meeting could be as official as possible. He straightened up in the sitting chair and cleared his throat. "I have news."

The members blankly stared back at him. No one even so much as breathed loudly. It was dead silent. 

The CEO decided to continue without a response. "Due to medical issues regarding Lee Taeyong and Lee Jeno I have decided to postpone all NCT comebacks and activities. NCT 127, NCT Dream, and Wayv will be on hiatus for three months. Until then, please stay here. I don't want you to be bombarded with fans at a public place."

This caused displease among the members.

"What do you mean? Don't go out?!" Ten interrupted. 

"Ten-" Taeil warned. 

"I can't believe this!" Jaemin mouthed off. "This is so unfair! NCT cannot be put on hiatus."

While the members, mostly Ten and Jaemin, complained the CEO shook his head. "I've put my foot down." With that he stood up, brushed off his suit and headed to the front door. 

"Good day boys. Please be reasonable and responsible. Or I may have to let you go."

Once the CEO had left, the members went into a panic.

"What does he mean don't leave the house?" Mark asked completely having a breakdown.

Doyoung agreed. "Does he really expect us to stay cooped up together in this dorm house for three whole months?" 

"Let us go?!" Xiaojun couldn't get over his final words. "Fire us?" 

Members talked over each other, all complaints about their temporary lockdown conditions and possible unemployment. While this was happening, Jisung, Chenle, Renjun, and Donghyuck were able to slip away unnoticed by the elders.

"Chenle! Come on!" Donghyuck hissed through his teeth as the four boys rounded up in the kitchen. 

"Sorry! I'm here now." Chenle popped his head in and shut the door as quietly as possible. 

The Dreamies sat at the counter, looking around at the gathered boys. Renjun noted the expressions of his friends; Donghyuck looked weary and tired, Chenle looked scared and anxious, Jisung looked serious and slightly scary which frightened Renjun quite a bit.

"What are we going to do?" Jisung looked down at his feet. 

Donghyuck tapped his temple repeatedly. "We may have to disobey orders but I don't think we'll have to."

"Disobey?" The words felt strange on Renjun's lips. "I'm not getting fired for this."

"Fired?" Chenle repeated, anxiousness rising in his voice.

"No one is getting fired!" Donghyuck exclaimed a little too loudly. "Sorry...." he whispered again. "Look, we won't disobey any orders. It's other members I'm worried about. Can we all agree that if they get in trouble we'll help them out?"

"Agreed."

"Agreed."

"Agreed." Renjun finished. 

No one could prevent NCT from doing what they wanted. 

__________________________

Longer chapter! Hope that's okay! Hope you liked it too.

This book is nearing the end! Oh my gwad! Anyways after this I'll publish a Nomin book or another NCT book. Or both, who knows?

Have a wonderful day my friends and I love you with all my heart! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

✨MYBLiNKArMY✨