twenty

*Nightmare Realm*

*Taeyong's Perspective*

Mark was already making breakfast (I assume, it's still dark) when I opened my eyes. I was positioned with my face on the countertop, crunched over so I could rest. That didn't seem very comfortable.

"Hello! You're finally awake!" Mark laughed while mixing some type of batter. "I had enough ingredients so I decided to make pancakes. You like pancakes right?"

I laughed. "Anything is fine Mark. You're so generous to let me sleep here and to help me." 

Mark waved a hand at me. "No really, I do trust you now. I don't think the other Taeyong would have let me live the night!"

We shared a chuckle and began to talk about what we would do that day. We talked for a couple minutes before I heard the front door lock click.

"We're home!" Someone shouted from the other side of the door. It swung open to reveal Johnny Suh and Kim Doyoung. 

"Hi guys!" Mark ran around from behind the counter. "Hide." He told me sternly, frightening me a bit. I didn't know where to hide so I just crouched behind the counter in the kitchen.

"So what's for breakfast?" Johnny asked, bending down so Mark could look at him straight.

"Stop that!" Mark whined. Doyoung rolled his eyes and scoffed. 

"Pancakes, I presume?" He nodded towards the kitchen. "It smells delicious Mark." 

Mark scratched his hair had shrugged. "I mean I guess....my cooking is just decent. But-" he shook his head and got back on track. "I have someone very important for you to meet."

Johnny snorted. "Is it your girlfriend you're always talking about?"

"What?!" Mark stuttered, clearly embarrassed. "N-no. It's a friend...."

Doyoung and Johnny stood there impatient while Mark continued to blabber on about me, telling them I wasn't the same person they once knew and that I wasn't dangerous. Once he said the word 'dangerous' Doyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Dangerous?" He repeated. 

"Okay," Mark called to me. "Please come out!"

I exhaled deeply and stood up, revealing myself for the nightmare versions of my friends. 

"What the fuck?"

"Mark you idiot!" 

Both Johnny and Doyoung held fighting stances and Doyoung swiftly acquired a knife from the counter. My eyes bulged and I my arms flew up. 

"Don't kill me!" I hissed through my scar. "I'm not the other Taeyong." 

The nightmare version of Johnny looked confused whereas Doyoung held his knife in front of him still, not ready to let his guard down so easily.

"What do you mean?" Doyoung drawled, suspicious. 

I gulped. "I mean, I mean, how do I explain this?...."

"He's not that Taeyong, he's another nicer version of Taeyong and there's another one of all of us in another world. He traveled here by mistake and were helping him get back to his world where ironically he's in love with that other Ten." 

Mark walked past me after giving his friends the information like it was no problem. 

Johnny and Doyoung stood there stunned. "What the fuck?" They chorused, looking extremely puzzled.