PROLOGUE

The moon is beautiful and has a beautiful shape in the dark sky. Chishelle woke up in the middle of the night because she heard someone screaming and begging for help. She rubbed her eyes, and when she looked at her door, she saw someone’s shadow outside that door. No, he has nothing to do with what he sees. She heard her mother’s voice, turned the door knob, then witnessed the unexpected event.

A guy stands in front of her, sucking her parents' blood and pleading for help. She is unable to move or talk as a result of what she witnessed. She never imagined that this would be the last time she saw her parents. Her tears had begun to pour into her eyes. The man in front of her smiles at her. He tasted the blood that was in her mouth with a broad, nasty smile.

“You want to join your parents, little girl?” Her heart beat so fast, and her eyes widened. She wanted to shout, but nothing came out of her throat. He approached her, and she backed away when he sat in front of her. She smelled the blood because of the stink on this man’s shirt. “You have a beautiful face,” he said as he examined the child. “You're so beautiful, my little girl.”

The smile on his face faded out, and he stood up. He held the kid’s head and looked at him. He erased the child’s memory of what transpired. He wiped away the memories of the meeting and the girl seeing his face, as well as the memories of him talking to this girl, the short memories that they have.

“At the right time, I’ll show up in front of you.” He sat down to match Chishelle. “Because I chose you as my bride, my little girl.” The man was gone with thunder.

The girl cried out loud because of her parents’ deaths. She doesn’t know what to do.