Chapter TWENTY SIX

Alexandrea's P.O.V

I woke up with the rays of the sun glaring directly at my face. I shut my eyes and groaned while turning my head the other way. I tossed and turned, too lazy to stand up as I glanced at the time. 8:40am . It was Saturday so I could stay in bed all I wanted but it's been so long since I went to the restaurant and I need to go.

I eventually stood up and stretched to get the tiredness out. Throughout this week, I avoided Eli because I knew he would bring up the topic again. I guess he gave up on trying to talk to me after he realized I kept on avoiding him. I know I can't keep avoiding him forever but I will while I can. Bex and Zoey have been occupied with homeworks that they haven't been able to come over. Zoey and Eddy were awkward around each other throughout the week and I could feel the tension between the two. Luke is back to school and Nick still acts like I don't exist.

I drag myself to the bathroom and brush my teeth to get rid of the morning breath. I look at the mirror and see the bird nest on my head I call hair. Even after using an hairband, it still points everywhere when I wake up in the morning. I remove the hairband as my hair unveils and cascade down my shoulders and back. I run my fingers through my hair in an attempt to loose the tangled but I gave up after failed attempt.

I smiled at my reflection and a puffy eyed girl with flushed cheeks and tangled hair smiles back at me. I walked back to my room and let out a tired yawn as I walked down the stairs in the sweater from my grandma and a thigh-length SpongeBob printed socks. I saw my mom on the couch with a guy but I couldn't see his face because their backs were facing me.

"Mom! I'm hungry" I said and the guy turned his head to look at me as I gasped in surprise. "Nick??"

"Hey shorty" he grinned as if he hadn't been ignoring my existence all week.

"Oh sweetie, you're up. Nick here told me you guys had a project together" my mom smiled at him to which he smiled politely back.

"I must say, you have a beautiful smile Mrs Dwayne" Nick flirted and I internally puked in my mouth.

"Oh my! Thank you and please call me Susan" my mom blushed and I couldn't believe the sight in front of me.

"Okay, this is disgusting..." I grimaced "And Nick, what project do we have together?" I said as I put my hands on my hips, glaring at him. He gave me a soft smile and shook his head at me.

"Alex, you forgot again? " He said while smiling. What's gotten into him? He barely smiles at anyone and now he's at my house smiling like a maniac?

"Let me leave you two, make sure you give the project your best so you can have good grades, okay?" My mom said standing up.

"Of course we will, Susan" Nick smiled at my mom and she smiled back then left. Immediately she left, the smile on Nick's face dropped to a scowl.

"Now will you tell me the real reason you're here?"I asked crossing my arms on my chest. He didn't answer, he just walked closer to me and pulled me by my arm then started dragging me up the stairs.

"What the hell is your problem? You ignore me all day in school and come to my house acting like we're old buddies?" I almost yelled at him feeling frustrated and yanked my arm from his grip. He closed the door of my room and sat on the chair of my reading table.

"Don't trust anyone, okay?" He said, completely ignoring everything I said. I folded my arms and scoffed at him.

"You mean people like you?" I said with a raised eyebrow. He just shrugged and laid on my bed with his arms behind his head. I narrowed my eyes at him and kicked him with my leg. He didn't move and his breathing has become slow as his chest rose and fell softly. I sat beside him on the bed and placed my head in my palms.