I get down from the car and bade goodbye to Mom and my driver, Elijah.

Mom taught us to have respect for people older than us and I have that respect.

If I don't, I wouldn't have respected Mrs Tolu yesterday and some other teachers who would give an annoying order.

I wait by the gate for Zara who is already coming down from her car. We hug immediately she comes in.

"Bestie!" She squeals and pulls me into a hug. "Okay, what do you notice about me?" She asks when we pull away.

"Urm..." I try my best and check everything.

Her skirt is still short, her blazers are still the most perfect ones I've seen so far, I noticed her new braids yesterday so nope! Not the braids.

"Your wristwatch?" I ask even though I know she has a particular wristwatch she wears every Tuesday. Funny enough, I know.

She shakes her head and pouts. "Guess naw!"

"I give up."

She turns around with her arms spread apart.

"I've got same school bag, babe!"

"Oh my! Were you serious about what you said last night?"

She nods.

Lemme catch you guys up. Yesterday evening, she had commented on my new school bag and said she'd ask her mom to order for the same ones. I had bought them two days before resumption through an online shopping mall.

"So that completes our bestfriendship."

We slap high-fives and start walking towards the class building.

Immediately I get into my class and drop my bag, I steal a glance at my previous seat. I still feel like a loser to Asher. I shouldn't have given up easily.

The bell rings and I head To Zara's class so we can go to the assembly together.

After we've sung the school anthem, we are all waiting for a teacher or any prefect to come on stage and give an announcement.

I turn back to look for Praise since I haven't seen him, but instead, my eyes meet Asher's.

He has his hands in his pockets, and instead of wearing his white shirt, he is putting on a white turtle neck top. I scrunch up my nose and face the front. He does not worth my time.

When I get back to class, I go straight to my seat and settle there. Praise comes in with his bag and heads straight beside me.

"Why are you late?"

I know it is not my business, and I don't talk to this guy. Infact, yesterday is the first time I actually spoke to him.

"Busy," is the answer he gives to me.

"Okay."

I'm the type that minds my business. If you don't seem in the mood to tell me certain things, I wouldn't push further.

I bring out my Maths note and my pen. The class is still rowdy while we wait for Mr James to come to class. I sit alone and stick my stickers on my notes. Praise is talking to Brijita -a Muslim girl that I will consider reasonable. She is the girl who has not misbehaved all because Asher is in the class.

*************

The bell for lunch break rings and I still cannot wait for Miss Elo to leave the class. Economics is boring and I don't know why it is suddenly compulsory for all SS3 students to offer Economics and Civic...even Biology. Zara complains about Biology a lot so I can relate with other art students like her. All we (the science students) complain about is Economics.