62°

Since Thursday, I haven't been at school because I had to travel to Delta State for Aunt Michelle's wedding. The colour of the day was white and red and damn! Her husband is a beauty god. He is more than handsome. She is very lucky anyways, they will be living in Canada.

We just got back to Lagos yesterday morning and throughout my stay in Delta, Asher kept calling. I even forgot to tell him I wouldn't be at school from Thursday.

I get to school very late because there was lot of things to put in order before coming to school. Immediately I get into the class, my classmates rush to hug me.

"Give her space o! Let the boy that owns her do his job ni," Paschal says. Asher is even just sitting at the back of the class, with his hoodie covering his hair.

I go over to him and give him a light peck shyly.

"Hey."

He gets the hoodie covering his hair off and looks at me.

"You left me."

"I had something to do," I reply. "Sorry." I smile sheepishly.

"Or you have a new boyfriend, you don't even give me anymore attention," he says.

"You're being stupid now or you're looking for a way to quarrel with me. Tell your village people you did not see me."

He chuckles. I just even got to know that Asher and I are from Delta State.

"Karen, this boy did not let us rest o! Why did you leave him like that na?" Godwin says.

"Hmm." I eye Godwin.

"Abeg no leave the guy run comot again o!" Kevin says.

"I won't," I reply to fulfill all righteousness.

I sit down and start bringing out my books.

"Did I miss out on a lot?"

"Nope, we just kept working on past questions and all that. No note, no classes for us after break too," he replies.

"When did they give that announcement?" I ask.

"Yesterday, at the assembly. But that also comes with a condition, that we'll be spending time at the library solving past questions and suff."

"Is JAMB date out?"

He shakes his head.

Zara rushes into my class and pulls me into a hug. "I've missed you ooo!"

"Na so."

"Anyhow sha. Ehe, something happened yesterday too," she says and sits on my locker. Asher leaves and goes to the front to talk to Jamal and Praise.

"Amebo girl. What happened?"

"Infact a lot." She claps her hands. "Do you know that Dianne was caught having sex with Nelson in the boys' restroom? She got expelled o but her parents came to beg on her behalf. I don't know what's going to happen to her sha."

Aina comes in. "They said she will only join us in writing external exams."

"Wow, just wow. The other three?" I ask.

"What about them?"

"Haven't seen them hanging around each other since today. Only Vida and Tola have been hanging out. Anyways, the cafeteria will tell if they will sit together or not then we can actually know if they are splitting up or something," Zara says.

"A lot just happened in my absence, it could have waited for my return.."

"Asher dated a psycho," Aina says. "Thank God he found you to move on with."