48°

My Christmas holidays in Delta State was very boring. Every single day I wake up with the thought of Asher not returning to VHS gave me chills.

It's just so bad. If I ever get to meet him again, I'll jump on him and hug him so tight, and kiss him if possible.

Na so.

Why didn't I appreciate those times we kissed? He truly likes me. I thought the was joking with me.

My alarm starts ringing.

"Stupid alarm. You should be ashamed that I woke up before you," I mutter and hiss, tapping the alarm so it can go off.

I turn on my music box and it starts playing Intentions by Justin Bieber. I put it on repeat and go into the bathroom to shower.

Today is going to be long because after school, we are all going to the tailor to check our asoebi which will be used for Aunt Michelle's marriage. An Igbo traditional marriage.

The weather is cold so I put on a panty hose instead of socks, and then a blue woolly jacket.

Picking up my bag and cellphone, I go downstairs to leave for school.

"Nkem, please come and add sugar to my tea," Karen says from the dining. Their school is resuming in two weeks so Vida and I will be going to school alone.

I keep walking out of the house until dad calls me back.

"Karen?"

I turn back.

"Oh daddy, goodmorning Prince." Yup, I call my dad by his name but I wouldn't try that with mom. "Goodmorning Mom."

"How was your night?" Mom asks, dipping her bread into her tea. Something I hate so much.

I let out a sigh. "It was okay, mom. Prince, are you travelling again? Please don't say yes. You promised to take me to the spa this weekend."

"I'll be back on Friday."

I pout. "You're always too busy."

"Sit down and have breakfast," he tells me.

"No dad. Yesterday's dinner is still in my tummy. No appetite this morning."

"Ehe? What if you faint in school?" Mom asks.

"She will stand up if they pour water on her na," Kayden chips in.

I ignore him. "Mommy I won't faint. Can I go to school now?"

She nods. I turn and start leaving the dining room.

"Please hold on! I'll join you," Vida calls out to me.

"Hurry up if you're interested," I reply.

°°°°°°°°°

Listening to this boring maths class isn't something I need now. I need Asher pulling my braids.

"Can someone tell me why Karen doesn't look happy on the first day of school?" Mr James asks, drawing my attention back. I had completely zoned out.

Godwin raises up his hand and stands up. His blazers sure does make him look smart, and his new haircut of course.

"Asher is not in the school anymore, and the other two haven't resumed yet," he replied.

"Godwin, what's your...?! Mind your business!"

"Okay, your polyandry marriage is now shattering abi? Don't worry, one of them will still come back for you," Mr James says and everyone keeps laughing.