49°

I listened carefully as Aina told me everything Junior told her. I actually thought he called her to make up and then they'll get back together but the idiot was really such a scumbag. Still an idiotic old mentally deranged cargo.

"...he said he never wants to see me again. I don't know what I've actually done and he was asking me why I told you we had an intercourse..." she cried over the phone. "Someone must have overheard us, I'm sure of it."

"How? We were the only ones there and Zara got to know about it when we got home, Zara can't go around and tell people. She can't even tell another person..."

"That's why I said someone must have overheard us. Now, Junior thinks I'm a blabbermouth and I don't keep private stuff to myself. Well, I guess everyone knows about what we did now and hopefully it won't get to any teacher's ear. I don't even want to come back to VHS anymore. I thought it was way better than my former school but it seems worse..."

"Aina, it's okay. I think you should calm down a bit. And missing school isn't the best thing to do right now because it would like you're too ashamed..."

"But who wouldn't be ashamed of this?"

"C'mon, I mean you just have to face them and act like nothing happened. The more you act like it hurts you, the more it does and it will keep getting to you. How about we always stay together and I'll be there to defend you?"

She sniffed over the phone. "Sounds great, Karen. Thanks a bunch."

"It's fine. I always knew Junior and Dylan were flirts. I should warn Zara to keep her distance from Dylan for a little while. Those two are almost the same."

"Sure, and thanks for contributing some money for my family. You guys are the best. Thank you so much. I'll go and prepare dinner for mom now. We'll chat later."

"Sure." And she hung up.

Now, I'm standing close to the gate with Zara beside me while we wait for Aina.

"Ahn ahn, she's wasting so much time," Zara says.

"Let's just stay here for five extra minutes."

"Five keh? You did not even pity my leg and say one, you are saying five. Why are you even so bothered about this girl? Are you guys bestfriends and I don't know?"

"Zara!"

She hisses. "Abeg ee." She walks off.

Why is she acting all jealous and stuff? This is not the Zara I used to know.

Just right now, Aina comes inside the school.

"Hey!" She says to me. "Why do you have that look on your face?"

"It's Zara. I dunno what's her problem. Hopefully, she won't be too dramatic this term," I say. "Let's go to class."

While on our way up the stairs, we meet Dianne and her friends, but Esther isn't here and...Vida is here. Did they replace each other?

"Can't you watch where you're going?!" Dianne shrieks.

"You should watch where you are going, blind idiot!" Aina shoots back.

"Look who's talking, you stupid cheap sex toy? Like, don't you even feel ashamed to be talking to pure people like us? Please shut up when expensive jewels speak. Whore!" Nafissa calls her.

"You said what?!" I ask and she flinches, moving back to the beginning of the step but Dianne and the rest still stand where they are. "Repeat what you said nau. Ain't you got your mouth at all?" I snap my fingers in front of her. "Hello?"