32°

While I walk out of the dining with my two friends, my mind keeps pondering over everything Praise told me earlier this morning. Like, why would they strike a deal for my sake?

Lemme catch you guys up on everything. Praise told me that while he was still close to those F4, he told them that he liked me. So they laughed and said I was never gonna fall for him that instead I was gonna fall for Asher even without Asher trying so hard. He said they called him a hustler and kept laughing, so that was why they stroke the deal. And it's so unfair for Asher to pretend to me this whole while.

I haven't told Zara about it yet. Maybe later, when we have complete privacy to ourselves.

"You're always zoning out. What's your problem?" Aina asks.

"Nothing. I'll be right back guys! Just save a seat for me," I tell them and leave to go back to my room. On my way up the stairs, I find Asher and Dianne sitting on a stair and conversing.

I still like him.

Dianne gives me this devilish smile and turns back to Asher who looks at me apologetically. I ignore their looks and go to my room.

Standing in front of the mirror right now, I see a very naive and gullible girl. I let people play mind games with me and it's just so saddening. I used to be fierce and hard to fool, what's going on with me?

I look at the yellow off shouldered gown which was flared out, and my yellow sandals. Okay, I look great today and somehow I'm scared about leaving this room. I don't want to face anybody, not even Zara because I know she will keep pressing on to know what's wrong with me. I don't want to see Dianne either, I'll feel like a sore loser and those two idiots that played mind games with me– seeing them is just gonna make my knees weak. They toyed with me.

They may both like you, something tells me.

I cross my yellow shoulder bag over my shoulder to my right hip and carry my rain boots. God knows where we are going to today.

I stuff my phone in my bag and leave the room. Asher's standing right by the door.

"Karen," he calls. But I ignore him and keep rushing down the stairs. He catches up with me and pulls me back.

"What's your problem?" I ask.

"Look Karen, I don't know what Praise must have told you but it's not true ok?"

"So you know what you did," I folded my arms.

"We are in the same room and I heard everything he told you last night. Well, not clearly everything but I have an idea of what he told you."

"Asher, you really need to go get a life ok? Just because I gave you a chance to come into my life doesn't mean you can just decide to destroy me and leave me empty. I'm not Dianne!" I scoff and walk away.

When I get inside the bus, I sit opposite Zara.

"Babe, are you ok? What happened to you?"

"Who con spoil your mood like this na? Shuu?"

"I'm okay guys. Just tired, I think I'm homesick," I lie.

"You know lying to me doesn't worth it, you are obviously enjoying the way you are away from home and from the eyes of your mom," Zara tells me.

"I'm okay."

She squints her eyes at me and shrugs. This means that she understands what I have in mind– we are gonna talk about it later when we have privacy.

"So guys! We are going to an animal farm today and that's why we asked you guys to bring rain boots. Due to the rain, the mud might be much so we just need you guys to keep your feet clean ok?" Mrs Yasmine tells us.