50°

Without saying anything to her because she has just left me speechless, her driver dops me off in my house while she goes to hers.

How the hell does Zara expect me to stop talking to Aina? For chrissakes, that girl needs help and we are her only friends right now, considering the fact that she is going through a lot.

Zara is just being overly dramatic, my subconscious tells me.

And for the freaking first time!

I go up to my room since the house is quiet and also have my nap.

Later at night, I text Zara to explain everything to her.

Me: Heyyy😑

Zamani🍭: What do you want?

Me: Actually I just wanted to explain things to you and tell you why I can't just stop talking to Aina...

I send the text first and I'm still typing when her own text comes through.

Zamani🍭: And also why I can't stop talking to Dylan.

Me: Zara, you know Aina is lyk a friend to us. She needs us now the most😣and we're her only friends rn cos Junior already ditched her lyk she's trash and cheap🤦🏻‍♀

Zamani🍭: Why r u even so bothered? Are you guys bestfriends and I don't know about it?

I know Zara would never listen to me right here on social media so I'm going to talk to her at school tomorrow.

************************************

Even when I explain everything to Zara the next day, she still doesn't want to believe me so right now it's been one whole week I've ignored Aina and it's really really somehow because I don't feel comfortable talking to her secretly and only in class. Not that I've told Aina about it yet, I don't want her to know Zara is jealous of our closeness day by day but I guess Aina is smart enough to notice my slight avoidance. I know she wants to talk to me about it but just can't find the right chance.

The class is now rowdy while I read my novel and I just can't stand it so I go to the front of the class and stand on top Kamsi's table.

"Classmates! Can we please co-ordinate ourselves?!" I yell.

"Comot dah table joor," Kelvin says.

Just then, the bell for break goes off and I go over to Zara's class to look for her. She was already coming out before I arrived.

"Happy now that I haven't spoken to Aina for one week?" I ask her as we walk down the stairs.

"And I haven't done same to Dylan."

"That's because the F4 haven't resumed school yet. Except Junior who came on that first day of resumption."

She rolls her eyes. "Abeg, hunger dey kill me."

I chuckle. "Can you keep being this way?"

"How?" She quirks her brows.

"Being my always happy bestfriend who is never jealous."

She shifts her head back and starts laughing. That scares me anyways because I don't know when Zara started having mood swings.

"Okay. I'm sorry I was jealous but..I just felt hurt 'cause of what I heard Vida saying to Dianne and the others."

"And what's that?"

"I was eavesdropping and heard Vida saying that you and Aina seem closer now and she knows you who is her cousin to choose Aina over me."

"And you listened? What does Vida know about me anyways? I can't believe that stupid devil joined that devilish clique."

"It rhymes sef. Anyways, pardon my misjudgement, I was afraid of losing you to Aina because you are like everything to me and not being your bestfriend...I just...just couldn't think about it..and I can't believe you actually stopped talking to Aina because of me," she says while picking a tray. "Thank you," she says to the dinning staff.

"And thank you for proving to me that you're gonna go through anything for me." She tells me as we sit down on another table, because Dianne and her friends have occupied the table we used yesterday. She had begun with this stupid behaviour of hers that made me wanna rip her into pieces, last term, but kept my cool.

"So..I thought about what Junior told Aina. Like, that guy is the most stupid fag on earth! Just see the fine babe he is leaving for that your stupid cousin, that girl that smells like plastic when the sun is shining. Like ehn, I wish Aina could do something to Junior. Y'know, like maybe slap him or something...the way you did to Asher. That gave Asher a manual reset, big time. Made him think of his life.."

"Zara, you can talk ehn." I gulp down half of my Grand Malt.

"No no, let me finish. I hate what that guy is doing to my girl, like...if he should just enter this dining, the way wey I go dash am heavy slap ehn. E go spin him face. He deserves a high-five on his stupid pointed nose that a bird can stand on. The guy no make sense o! He no try abeg! Like, what did Aina not do for him? She even gave us little space 'cause of him. I swear to you ehn, if he should..."

And next thing, the cafeteria went silent. Like, pin-drop silent.

Those boys came in. Junior did first, walking scatterdly, Dylan followed behind with a lollipop in mouth, Jamal followed behind...and his blue hair did the magic. He got finer, to be very honest. After Jamal, followed Paschal, chewing gum in a sexy way then Praise did with his new dreads that was sprayed gold at the tip...then..then...it just happened.

I first saw that head with a gold curly hair. That long curly hair that falls across his face. His head was bowed as he entered inside. Then next, came his feet with the most expensive sneakers I've ever seen. And I could see his body in that tight white turtle-neck top, and his blue trousers...and there he came. He looked like a new student with the glasses he wore.

Here comes my Asher!

A/N
You guys I'm so sorry I made you wait...like I'm very sorry.

I have been writing this chapter since morning and I rewrote it seven times because everything I was writing seemed boring.

I'm so sorry guys...please forgive me❤️❤️❤️❤️😭😭😭😭

I won't waste much time like this anymore, ok? I was just getting a slight writer's block.

Please don't give up on your girl and this book. Thank you so so much for another chance

Love y'all ❤️❤️❤️❤️😘😘