30°

ASHER'S POV

I can't believe she is wearing that necklace Praise gave to her. If you ask me how I know it's Praise who gave it to her..well, it's pretty easy because he had told us that the necklace will only be worn around the girl he has made up his mind for.

It's been long we spoke to each other, and watching her lean on that bus is making me want to go over and say something to her.

"Hi." Dianne comes up to me. Her voice is prettier and wait, how did she get finer today? She's putting on something simple and cool.

"Hey."

She sits opposite me, and drops her shoulder bag on the table.

"Urm..." She twists her lips to the side, and press them together- letting out a sigh. "...I know I'm not supposed to be here but I just wanted to say hello and maybe have a drink with you."

"Wow. Nice."

And when did Dianne Alumonah start becoming a nice person?

"Sure." I call the waiter to get an extra glass of drink. This outdoor eatery is actually nice and thank God for it because I can't see myself doing anything in this fun fair.

"Thank you." She smiles.

Wait, what's wrong with me? Why does my brain tell me she's looking better than Karen today? I look over at Karen whose eyes meet with mine, but she looks away first. Actually, Karen is looking more beautiful although I would have preferred it if she wore something simpler.

The waiter comes with her drink and drops it on the table. Dianne sips from it and smiles at me.

"They have nice drinks here," she says. Now I know she is trying to start up a conversation. I just have to reply because I haven't spoken to her since September, and it's almost December.

"Yeah." I nod.

"So, tell me, how has it been since we came?"

"I don't have anything to say, we just got here yesterday so there's no adventure or something," I reply.

"Wow, some say it's been okay."

"Maybe they had a little party in their rooms. As for me, it's so boring. Do you enjoy it here?"

"Kind of, actually I made it to this trip because of you."

I squint my eyes and narrow my brows.

"Okay, I just wanted to us hang out more and be in touch with each other. Even though we are each others' ex, we aren't enemies so I see no reason why we have to stop talking."

"We can always talk to each other, I thought you needed a break from everything."

That's a lie. I really did not want to talk to her because she acted like a psych and she might use me against Karen- which may make Karen never see a reason to like me. Even now, it's so hard to get Karen. I can't lose this deal I made with Praise, exempting the deal, I've gotten to know that I've fallen for Karen so much. So much that I can never try looking for something negative in her that can make me have dislike for her.

If you don't mind excusing me to list the differences between Dianne and Karen. Okay, maybe I shouldn't. It's not right for me to compare two girls, right? They are who they are.

"Oh..okay?"

There's an awkward silence between us. I'd have preferred it if Karen was here.

I take a quick glance at Karen. She is going over to the merry-go-round. The merry-go-round stops and she brings down a little girl who is crying. She squats in front of the girl and wipes her tears.