40 °

For the sake of allyuh [lol] Imma be writing Vida's accent in the normal English form but just know that she still has her weird accent sha...which we all hate 😂
Who is your favourite character and why?

______________________________________

It's Jamal's birthday next week and now I'm sitting in this cafeteria, I'm just thinking of the birthday gift to give to him.

"Earth to Karen!" Zara snaps her finger in front of me. "So you haven't even been listening to me sef, oya o lemme come and be going since you don't need me around." She makes move to leave the table but I stop her.

"Ahn ahn naw, you too dey vex. I was just thinking of something."

"What?" She sits back. "Asher?"

I hiss. "You like play too much. That's not it, I'm just thinking of what I'm going to give to Jamal as his birthday gift, it's the 7th of December..and last day of exam," I tell her.

"Oh that, I did not even know sef. He did not tell me so I'm not bringing anything. Simple and short!" she says.

"I figured it out myself and obviously, I know he will invite me so it'll make no sense when I go there and eat his food. You know I too like food," I say.

"He no tell me any shishi, so I will go there and enjoy everything then come back. Plus the souvenir that will be shared. You know he has money so everything will be litty litty."

"Consider courtesy? Let's be polite na," I tell her.

"You can do if you want o! Don't say I changed your mind." She keeps devouring her jellof rice. "He invited me to come and eat rice and that is what I will do. The reason why I won't buy anything is because what I buy might not even suit his taste. You know all of you that your fathers have high rank in politics always have high taste."

I laugh. "Tell me you're joking babes!"

"I'm not joking about the gift o!" She laughs. "Beside, man dey broke this season."

"Like ehn."

"Like ehn wetin? You're broke and you still want to buy gift? O ko ri mi!" [You did not see me!]

Just now, Vida chooses to come into the cafeteria and join my table. That reminds me, I haven't even seen Aina since third period.

"Hi cuz!" She settles down at our table. I roll my eyes.

"When did you resume?" Zara asks her.

"Today."

"And Karen, you did not mention that you have a cousin in this school," Zara keeps saying.

"I forgot. Anyways Vida, meet my bestfriend Zara and Zara, this is Rochelle Davida from Trinidad," I introduce.

"Nice to meet you," Vida says.

"Yeah." From Zara's unsure look at her, I know she doesn't like my cousin. But who cares? I don't like her either.

"I like this school already, makes lot of sense," Vida says.