70°

I wake up with a headache and my sleep was not comfortable because I felt uneasy and had to go to the bathroom to wash up and throw up at six.

I turn on my phone and go online to text Asher.

Me: When are you leaving for Australia?

Asher❤: Next week Friday. Imma miss you babe. Let's go out on Saturday..

Me: Damn! I'm gonna be very busy this week. Running my uni stuffs so no time.

Asher❤: Some other time, before I leave.

I'm just wondering why this guy hasn't chosen to break up with me. It's obvious he will meet better girls out there and I might end up getting jealous at his posts.

Me: Okay.

I turn my data off and go into the bathroom to shower.

After showering, I dress up in a black jumpsuit and head downstairs for breakfast.

Breakfast is chicken and jellof rice with salad. All thanks to Nkem, she really has been a good househelp. I wonder how Mom and I would have coped without her being here. I might have even left the house because I so much hate having too much work loads. I better have to deal with that before getting married.

"Goodmorning everyone," I greet.

"Karen, let's see a movie on Sunday na. Been long," Kayden says.

"You and who? Abeg I'm busy," I tell him and take a seat opposite Mom.

"How was your night, darling?" Dad asks.

"Good, yours?"

He nods.

"It's now your fellow girls wake up from sleep abi?" Mom greets me.

"I was tired, Mom. I went to the beach with Zara yesterday so I'm tired."

"So because I let you go out with Zara this once before you go to Ogun, you want to use it against..."

"Violet, be calming down and let the girl have her breakfast in peace," Dad cuts in.

"Prince, you will just be spoiling this your two girls.."

"And be spoiling the boy."

"I'm not spoiling anybody o!"

"Eat your food." Dad chuckles.

I giggle and look down at my plate. I wouldn't want Mom to see me laughing at her.

I don't get to finish my food so I pick up my chicken. The chicken smells like fish to me.

"Why is this smelling like fish?" I ask.

"What is smelling like fish?" Nkem asks.

"The chicken. It has the smell of fish, and yuck! Now it smells like soured ice-cream," I say.

"Karen, you know you've been having night fevers since Wednesday. Something is wrong with you," Nkem says.

"No mom, I'm serious. It smells like soursop," I say and drop the chicken back on my plate.

"From fish to soured ice cream and now to soursop. Karen, are you ok?" Mom asks.

"Dad, can I get shawarma?" I ask.

"By this time? It's too early," Mom cuts in.

"Too early to eat shawarma?"

"Don't buy her anything. Oya, eat this food osiso!"