36°

We are having sports in the compound, I have just gotten downstairs with my racket and tennis ball. Today, I decided not to wear a bra because I feel so uncomfortable whenever I wear them, and besides boys won't be there.

I sit down on a bench and wait for Me Lucky. I don't know why they did not bring Mr Felix with us. Mr Lucky does not know anything about tennis, he is actually for basketball and soccer.

Dianne comes and sit beside me, sipping water from her red water bottle. It's actually shocking because she never comes close to me. I'm tempted to talk to her when she stands up and runs off to join the girls who are jogging.

"Boys are coming!" Kamsi announces. Wait, this Kamsi is supposed to be in Arts class, she is like the journalist of SS3 Violet.

Okay, and now girls are squealing and some are pretending to be tired, some are going over to the benches while some are fanning themselves with their hands and catwalking. You see VHS girls and forming ehn. Now, I'm just noticing that I'm not putting on a bra. Someone like me needs bra because this parcel God gave me in front is too big.

Please let it not be like all these grandmother's own Biko. I like d way it is. Lol.

"Boom!"

I startle. "Gosh! You idiot! You scared me!" I yell and hit his head with my racket.

He laughs and rubs his hair. "Sorry."

When was even the last time Jamal and I talked sef?

"It's okay, how are you enjoying Abuja?"

"I miss Lagos." He collects my tennis ball and starts bouncing it. "Can I borrow this? I wanna have a challenge with Blaze," he tells me.

"Oh sure you can. But please don't misplace it."

"Of course, I know you're too careful." He winks at me and leaves.

Guys and winking ehn.

I pick up my water bottle and start gulping down the juice I had bribed a dining staff for.

"I'm missing basketball today." Asher slumps down beside me.

"Make I fry spag?" I ask.

"Hey, be happy. I wanna watch you play," he says. I roll my eyes.

Akuko ndi nna nna anyi (story for the gods -trans from Igbo). It's normal for three of them to say they want to watch me play. What's even so special?

Your skills. My inner self tells me.

"Gist!" I roll my eyes again.

What's doing me and this rolling of eyes sef?

"What's this?" He collects my water bottle. "Juice? Why did you steal that?"

"So, how did you know I stole it? What if I brought it along with me?"

"You never bring things along with you. You're so dependent on things around you," he tells me.

I gasp and place my hand on my chest. Ouch! That's hurts! How dare he?!

"Nah, I'm just kidding. No offence." He pulls me close to him, but I move away.

"Shift joor. Everything is always a joke to you," I say. "Gosh! Why did you not do your big boy and stay back in Lagos?"

"It'd be so boring without you."

"Enough of this your stolen love talks," I say and sip from my water bottle.