16°

I wake up really late the next day, so everything I do is in a hurry. Mom keeps yelling at me for being sluggish but I know I’m trying really hard to be fast.

I get to school when British Diction Course class has already started. Thankfully,  Miss Wengie’s facing the board.

“Why are you late?” Jamal asks immediately I sit down.

“Nothing really...” I bring out my pencil case and start writing.

Just while I’m writing, someone pulls my braids and I turn.  It’s this terrorist again. I don’t even wanna talk to him,  why the hell is he disturbing?

Praise shoots him a mean stare but Asher still ignores and smiles at me. Like what the hell?!  Nothing ever touches this guy. I turn to my book and continue copying the speech sounds on the board. 

I can’t get my eyes off the wall clock because Economics is really boring. Finally,  the bell rings and I get up from my chair. 

I go to the back of the class to get something from my locker. To my utmost surprise, there are seven designer perfumes. I guess one should be close to 80k or something, but I’ve seen aunt Michelle with something like that, and she said her fiance gifted her.

I look around the class and it’s empty.

“What the...” escapes my lips. There’s a card by the other side of the biggest perfume. I get to know who my gifter is, and it’s Asher.

Okay, no doubt I’m happy he always apologizes when he goes wrong and to make me happy but right now I feel like being a drama queen so an idea pops into my head.

I carry the white and purple gift bag down to the cafeteria. Luckily, SS3 students have their own personal dining so I’m free to do what I want without junior students being there. Of course I don’t want to embarrass Asher in front of everyone.

“I don’t need any of your stupid, useless, unreasonable apologies!” I yell, and pairs of eyes are on me...including Zara’s, who is sitting at a table with Dylan.

Asher stands up and moves closer to me. Somehow, I feel bad about my dramatic character right now. I’m not supposed to be doing this, but I just want to do it and know how he is going to react.

“You’re nothing but a worthless terrorist!” I bring out a perfume and throw it to the wall on the left and it breaks.

Karen, stop!

“I’m not so cheap to fall for your perfume or gifts!” And another breaks on the opposite wall. The fragrance is already filling the air. Now I know it really worths its price.

“Keep it to yourself!” I keep throwing the perfumes to the wall, and when I’m about to throw the last one to the wall, he holds my hand back.

“Stop it, Karen!”

Yeah, I know I’m not supposed to be doing this Asher but... Lmao! Aww, look at your face.

“What more do you want from me? I’ve given you what I can’t just give away like that!”

Is he seriously yelling at me now? Oh my Gosh, I’ve never thought of Asher being so mad at me this way.

“I give you my apologies, my time, attention that I couldn’t give my ex girl, my smile, my good sides, even my kiss! What more d’you want? He was just a stupid junior and I put him in the right place,  I even apologized. I don’t think I’m supposed to apologize to you...after all,  you aren’t even the junior, but I still apologized to you. Those things you may think as trash are my direct orders from iCon perfumery in Italy. I chose the best for you!”

Now tears are filling my eyes. That’s not what I want– not for Asher to yell at me. I just wanted to be a drama queen,  I never knew it will go this extent. Did I embarrass him?

Totes!

I could feel all eyes on us now, and the gasps from the secret he let out is still in my head. The secret is the kiss he gave me at my house on Saturday.

He comes to me, and pulls me into a tight hug then whispers “I’m sorry for yelling.”

You can guess how much I’m smiling now. I mean in my heart, but on the outside I’m halfway into tears.

“Can y’all eat now? We’re not in a filmhouse!” That’s Junior. Yeah, they really need to get their eyes off me and Asher. Are we celebrities?

When we pull away, he uses his thumb to wipe the little tear by the side of my eye. I don’t know how to turn back with this one perfume in my hand now because eyes will be on me. Zara comes to us.

“Urmm.. Asher, if you don’t mind to excuse us,” she says. Asher nods, and Zara drags me to the restroom. “What’s doing you?”

I raise an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

“Girl, don’t pretend now ok? I’m your best friend and I know you too well, you did not have to embarrass him.”

Yeah, right.

“I never wanted to do that. It was supposed to be a prank.”

“Went wrong,” she says to me. I nod.

“But we’re cool now, stop worrying about us,” I tell her.

“Us? Are you both now one?”

“What do you mean?” I raise an eyebrow.

“Are you guys officially together or is this some kind of temporary entanglement?” she asks.

I giggle. “Ewww, I don’t use used, remember?”

“Oh yeah? But everyone knows you guys kissed.”

Yes, and he was not supposed to say that.

“It was a mistake ok?”

“Are you lying to me?”

“Zara o! Go and mind your business with Dylan, can’t wait to hear you guys are finally dating.”

She smiles. Guess I’ve won her heart now.

She leaves me, and I head back to class. Surprisingly, Asher is back to class so we get to talk and sort everything out.

A/N

Heyyyyyy!!!!

So yeah,  this chapter is boring and all that. My edition did not go so well but I’m rewriting every chapter now. Though, some ideas won’t be thrown away.

Yeeeshh! Guess what...😊

The next chapter is a Gift from me to you guys. It’ll be a mixture of Asher and Karen’s POV. Don’t you think we need to know more about Asher too? 😅
Anyways, see you guys in the next one.

Good news!  Guess who’ll be done with exams soon!
Yup, me!
Hehehe❤

Anyways,  gotta go and write. Please make me smile.

With L❤VE,
ANGEL_____