33°

"We are going to have three batches now so if you don't wanna be in the first batch, you can go and relax in the bus," Mr Lucky says.

Of course I wanna be in the first batch so I can rest and wait for the next two batches. Maybe I can even sleep in the bus.

"I'm going with the first batch," Zara tells me.

"Totes."

"Absoz."

"Can you stop saying that? It's weird."

She giggles. "Absoz."

"Ugh! Stop!" I move away from her but she comes closer.

"Absoz," she keeps saying it so close to my ears. She keeps singing absoz in my ears with the rhythm of Baa baa black sheep. What more can I ask of a best friend? She has all the characteristics of humans in the world– except being too nasty.

For the first batch, we were just thirty. My grademates are so lazy now. So if we're thirty, it means there are hundreds and five remaining.

And why the hell is Asher here? And why the hell did Mr Lucky send Praise on an errand– making him not to meet up with us? This is so lame. Of course, I'm going to be followed around by this guy.

"Sup?"

"Hey, I'm good. You?"

This is actually the first time Paschal is talking to me. We have never spoken to each other, but my eyes does meet his coincidentally and he has that look like 'can't believe people are actually dying for you', which sometimes makes me doubt those three and makes me lose confidence.

"I'm okay. To be honest, your dress is nice today."

Wait, meaning the one of yesterday wasn't nice?

"Thank you. You don't look bad either," I say.

He shoves his hands into his pockets and walks beside me. By now, Zara and Aina are with the love of their high school lives.

"Bros afa na?" Godwin asks Paschal, and now I'm in between the two guys.

"Cool mann."

What's wrong with Paschal's serious attitude today naw?

"I just wanna relax that's why I joined this first batch," Godwin says. Thank God he spoke English for long.

"I swear ehn, me no know wetin make people go sidan for bus o."

"E geh shop wey dey around here? I wan buy wetin I go chop," Godwin says. And back to the normal Godwin who acts like pidgin is his life.

"If we finish our waka waka na, we go hang around," Paschal tells him.

I keep walking and trying my best to listen to what the Farm teacher is saying. Next thing, those two are now walking in front of me and Asher joins me, entwining our hands. I try forcing my hand out from his grip, but he grips it tighter.

"I'm sorry," he says.

"And over here is the stable where the horses stay," Angela tells us. She is the twenty year old person showing us around. I actually don't remember if she said Angel or Angela, but I think it's Angela.

"Karen.." he calls me.

"Pay attention!" I tell him.

"....horses require access to clean fresh water at all times, and access to adequate forage such as grass or hay. Unless an animal can be fully maintained on pasture with a natural open water source, horses must be fed daily. As horses evolved as continuous grazers, it is better to feed small amounts of feed throughout the day than to feed a large amount at one time..."